Video compilation 1/7 Cav, Vietnam 1968

earlymb

Shot with an original period videocamera by one of our members, this is a compilation of 2 or 3 events we did with our group in The Netherlands last year:

(Except for the title song there is no soundtrack).

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

Greetz ;)

David

great work! is this filmed with a 16mm?

cheers, capa

There are also some guys of my lh group on the film!

Best wishes from the 1st Inf div Germany

:-D

Nice Work! I would reccomend you remove the bandoleer hanger on your M60 though, which should be an quick fix as they are easily removable. As far as I have found they came around roughly in 1970 and few if any actually made it to Vietnam. If you can, try to find a "magazine bracket" and "feed tray rollers". These were on just about all the M60s at the time and were made to attach a 100rd "magazine" (not bandoleer) to the gun. Those were rarely used but clipping a c-ration can into them was common.

great work! is this filmed with a 16mm?

cheers, capa

I don't know. :think:

Nice Work! I would reccomend you remove the bandoleer hanger on your M60 though, which should be an quick fix as they are easily removable. As far as I have found they came around roughly in 1970 and few if any actually made it to Vietnam. If you can, try to find a "magazine bracket" and "feed tray rollers". These were on just about all the M60s at the time and were made to attach a 100rd "magazine" (not bandoleer) to the gun. Those were rarely used but clipping a c-ration can into them was common.

Thanks for the tips; usually we let the ammobelt loose (draped over the gun), but we have used the C-ration can during our last event.

Greetz ;)

David

Looks awesome David. :thumbsup:

The only thing I would check is the use of slanted name and US Army tapes in 1968. I dont think slanted tapes were seen that early.

Thanks for all your comments! We are always trying to improve our impression, so ideas are always welcome.

And yes, we had a lot of fun! :lol:

Greetz ;)

David