Anyone have pictures of Paratroopers or Rangers with M1918 Mk1 Trench Knives?

shocktrooper15

shocktrooper15

Hey does anyone have pictures of Paratroopers or Rangers with M1918 Trench Knives? I need them for my research.

Thanks

really cool pics!

already known the 82nd GIR pic with the guy wearing the knife in his wirecutter-pouch but never saw all the others ...

THX for sharing!

This guy has the knife handy in case he needs it, but he lets his buddy take the watch.

post-70-1262834441.jpg

That is a really neat picture!

Tim

Good ones, guys. Gregory, it's amazing that he got that knife to stay in the linesman tool pouch!

Ah, I was wondering what the trench knife was stuck into :think: .

Tim

Charlie Flick

That is an interesting pic. Is it a WW2 photo? Those guys look clean, fresh shaven and very well fed for 101AB guys after Bastogne. Reenactors perhaps?

Charlie

That is an interesting pic. Is it a WW2 photo? Those guys look clean, fresh shaven and very well fed for 101AB guys after Bastogne. Reenactors perhaps?

Charlie

Don't know. Just saw it in my picture files and posted it since it had a trench knife in the shot.

Charlie Flick
Don't know. Just saw it in my picture files and posted it since it had a trench knife in the shot.

Mk I:

I have had a few reenactor photos "infiltrate" my own photo archives. It is hard to tell sometimes.

Regards,

Charlie

Here is a picture that I scanned out of a book and it is the same one Gregory posted except it shows the whole picture. It is purportedly to be a picture of a Father and Son in the 506th PIR taken at Ft. Benning.

4259826245_fc7f08caee_o.jpg

Re posting #19: Please note that this man has the "Bazookaman" patch sewn on left sleeve.

The photo is taken from my Airborne Album, 1943-1945, Normandy to Victory book. On page 80 there is a picture of I/504's walter Hughes wearing an M1918 trench knife on 6 April 1945 -- pretty late in the game!

On page 96, the same model of knife appears in an equipment layout for the 503rd, Jan 1943.