Tried to post these in the EGA section.So, if someone wants to move these be my guest.These were sold by my dad in 1997 to someone.I heard they got a deal.Enjoy the piture guys.

post-7989-1262821681.jpg

donation2012.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2017.gif

Will try to find reverse picture.Dad is in the hospital right now.I'm trying to remember what the backs looked like.Iwant to say they had looped rings.But the one on the right looks like it has a nut.Will try as soon as I can.

donation2012.gifdonation2014.gif

donation2017.gif

very interesting birds. I like the way the latitude lines curve, and the unpierced anchors are interesting!

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

"FOR OUR TOMORROWS, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAYS"
RIP
Sgt Jesse 'Jeff Nasty' Balthaser
Sgt John P Huling
Cpl Carlos 'Gilo Monster' Gilorozco
Cpl Stephen C 'Socks' Sockalosky
LCpl Joshua A 'Scottie' Scott
LCpl Jason Lee 'Birdman' Frye
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
LCpl Osbrany 'Oz' Montes De Oca
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Tried to post these in the EGA section.So, if someone wants to move these be my guest.These were sold by my dad in 1997 to someone.I heard they got a deal.Enjoy the piture guys.

Interesting....I own a set of these, and the anchors rings are not solid, but they have clean holes all the way through. There also seems to be some excessive "flash" or casting residue around the necks of the eagles. Already been said......would be great to see the backs of these.

LEATHERNECK72

Advanced Collector and USMC Officer --- Paying top dollar for quality Marine Corps antiques. Kepis, shakos, helmets, hats, good conduct medals, old photos, fighting knives, hat and collar emblems, swords, guns, documents. Keep your USMC item in a Marine Corps family! Send me a PM and let me know what you have....

donation2014.gif

Interesting....I own a set of these, and the anchors rings are not solid, but they have clean holes all the way through. There also seems to be some excessive "flash" or casting residue around the necks of the eagles. Already been said......would be great to see the backs of these.

are we talking about the patrol ones you previously posted?

-Brig
GySgt/USMC/0369
RSU-Quantico

"FOR OUR TOMORROWS, THEY GAVE THEIR TODAYS"
RIP
Sgt Jesse 'Jeff Nasty' Balthaser
Sgt John P Huling
Cpl Carlos 'Gilo Monster' Gilorozco
Cpl Stephen C 'Socks' Sockalosky
LCpl Joshua A 'Scottie' Scott
LCpl Jason Lee 'Birdman' Frye
LCpl Nicolas B Morrison
LCpl Jon T Hicks
LCpl Osbrany 'Oz' Montes De Oca
Pvt Lewis T D Calapini
'The SOI 5'

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

• 5 months later...

Fellow forum members:

You are in the Marine Corps EGA reference section. This area is were posts from the Marine Corps, USMC EGA discussion section are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. As time moves forward there maybe additional information the EGA Moderators wish to add or will add to this specific post. We ask for your input as well.

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the USMC EGA discussion area which is listed in the main page under insignia. And as needed we will be pleased to move any new and or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised; posting and or editing is restricted on Eagle, Globe and Anchor emblem threads; to moderator's and forum staff.

The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps. (General A. A. Vandegrift, USMC, 5 May 1946)