The Road to Victory The 65th anniversary of the liberation of Czecholsovakia April/May 2010

audacia cum prudentia

General Apathy
Ergh, If I had a penny for every time I heard THAT joke in the last 2 weeks... ;)

Hi Mr Flibble, here's twenty pence, I want to tell you the same joke a few more times. :pinch:

Waiting to see your photo's. ;)

Cheers Lewis

Mr_Flibble

This is a fast and dirty selection of images from the tour. they don't really show the massive scale of the undertaking, but I hope you like them anyway:

RV10001.jpg

RV10002.jpg

RV10003.jpg

RV10004.jpg

RV10005.jpg

Mr_Flibble

RV10011.jpg

RV10012.jpg

RV10013.jpg

RV10014.jpg

RV10015.jpg

More images to come, I should have the 13 roll to scan tomorrow.

Mr_Flibble

I stuck that one together from 3 different photos, the seams are not flawless everywhere....take a look at Sparks for example :P

Currently scanning the 3rd roll, looks like there's some nice portrait shots on there, from just before the Battle in Plzen.

Unfortunately I don't have very much time until Sunday, I hope you guys can hold on that long ;)

hbtcoveralls

swell photos Rick,

I'm not surprised you're tired after the bus ride from Hell. Caught a massive cold myself just before flying back to the USA. I'll be anxious to see the rest of your photos since you have a way of photographing the vignettes that really capture the feel of the trip. Now, if you had one of a bunch of guys trying to put up a large tent in the rain on a ski slope, that might capture the feel also ;) .

It was a fantastic trip and a real experience, thanks again for photographing it for us.

Tom Bowers

Mr_Flibble

Here are some quick picks from the first 150 or so scans. All images shot with my Leica IIIc (1942) and a Kiev 2a (Poor man's Contax 2)

RV10016.jpg

RV10017.jpg

RV10018.jpg

RV10019.jpg

RV10020.jpg

• 5 months later...