ACH Protective Nape Pad

hawkdriver

I already bought 2 on EB for $19,90...the two models ! They're both NIP ! First model is size small-medium and second model is large - X-large.

IMG_2922.JPG

IMG_2923.JPG

IMG_2919.JPG

nape%20pad%20us%20army.jpg

nape%20pad%20us%20army%202.jpg

And here's the model for the USMC (one size only) :

dd79_3.JPG

IMG_4083.JPG

IMG_4138.JPG

This last one is realy more rare ! I already see it grow up more than $120 for a NIP...it's realy expensive !

I was never issued one of these in '05-'06. I've been told they're recent with in the last year or two.

They came out in early 07. We were in country when the big news came out that everyone in country was getting these. We waited for them and then was told that we didn't have enough time left in country to get them and that only the guys new coming in country were getting them. None of our replacements came in with them and I can't recall seeing any pictures of anyone wearing them.

You search a nape pad for a realy good price ? Here's one !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ACU-N-A-P-E-Neck-Armor...=item3efba3d8ee (# 270509791470).

The seller refuses to send it oversea, so I can't bid. But currently price is $1 and it's end in less than 2 days. Unless you are some bidders from this forum that follow this item and decides all in the same time to bid......if you wait the last 20 seconds to bid, you'll win it for (I think) less than $20 !

They came out in early 07. We were in country when the big news came out that everyone in country was getting these. We waited for them and then was told that we didn't have enough time left in country to get them and that only the guys new coming in country were getting them. None of our replacements came in with them and I can't recall seeing any pictures of anyone wearing them.

I saw them come into the inventory at 1st ID in 07. I do believe they were worn by them in Iraq in 07 but I cant remember if we got them before deployment or not. I didn't deploy that time so I cant say for sure, but we did get them.

I was in Iraq for almost all of 2007 and don't remember ever seeing these anywhere but the Army Times. I know our replacements didn't deploy with them either.

We were issued these in the Fall of 2008 in preparation for our deployment to Afghanistan. I've never bothered to install mine, but I'm not out on the roads this time around. They are mandatory for anyone going on convoys in my unit. They seem to be very unpopular with the dismounted types (11B, 19D, etc), but I wouldn't wear one either if I were climbing up and down hills/mountains all day.

Vance

market garden

Got issued mine in September 09 . It is still in the wrapper buried in my duffle bag. I'm told there a pain to have on the K-pot when you have to go prone to shoot. I dont need anymore issues with the k-pot getting in the way to shoot while I'm in the prone..

Market garden

Got issued mine in September 09 . It is still in the wrapper buried in my duffle bag. I'm told there a pain to have on the K-pot when you have to go prone to shoot. I dont need anymore issues with the k-pot getting in the way to shoot while I'm in the prone..

Market garden

At least the ACH is easier to wear in the prone than the old K pot. I never had to wear the nape pad as I retired right after it came out, but I can deffinately see where it would get in the way, especially with the neck piece on the IBA. Don't know what vest is being issued now, but the IBA was a pain with all the side armor pieces and shoulder pieces. I took all of that off and just wore my IBA. Heck,during and after the invasion we didn't even have plates till we were about to redeploy. I am 6' 02" and they gave me a small for mine. Wasn't till OIF III when we got the ESAPI and everyone had the right armor.

They seem to be very unpopular with the dismounted types (11B, 19D, etc), but I wouldn't wear one either if I were climbing up and down hills/mountains all day.

Vance

Yeah, if I'd known you could get $20 for one, I'da picked a couple dozen out of the trash can, which is where all ours ended up in '08.

Actually, if you are on this board and you have military equipment that you buy and sell, aren't you buying or reselling issued military equipment??? :think:

Oh, no!

Well, I'll turn all my stuff in to the government and switch to beanie babies. Anybody got a lead on Floppity The Lavender Bunny?