Special forces yard ceremonial shirt

pwmiraldi67

Great looking "Yard" shirts you and Bob have there Paul. Thanks for posting :thumbsup: .

Regards,, Martin

photo of mine and bobs next to each other

p

X

I was round pauls house yesterday and was blown away with the shirt out of the frame on a guy .

It is different from the NG shirts but then again these were made for Amercians to wear during a special event .

A true piece of Special Forces history , that shows how high regard they were held in Yard status .

Simply put fantastic .

An example of one of these shirts surely belongs in the Smithonian Museum .

owen

X

I was round pauls house yesterday and was blown away with the shirt out of the frame on a guy .

It is different from the NG shirts but then again these were made for Amercians to wear during a special event .

A true piece of Special Forces history , that shows how high regard they were held in Yard status .

Simply put fantastic .

An example of one of these shirts surely belongs in the Smithonian Museum .

owen

Mate, don't make me jealous :crying:

You are right about one belonging in the Smithsonian. I have seen Petersen's in the AWM and it is a sight to behold.

VN1.jpg

Photo Credit

• 7 years later...

Splendid pieces. The two shirts introduced at the beginning go this thread were made from loincloths. They couldn't make the proper ceremonial shirts large enough, so joined loincloths together. The tassels are typical for loincloths, whereas the 'proper' (from a tribal ceremonial perspective) shirts, hand-made by Ede tribespeople. Not to be confused with fashion wear like the Dashiki.

Considering the fact that Pleiku is in the Central Highlands, where there was a large Montangard population, I don't see why these would have been made in Saigon.

I have owned a few different Montangard "style" shirts that were made in Saigon and they are nothing like a real, woven one.

The cloth is original fabric, woven by Yards. Definitely not knocked up in Saigon. These are hand spun and woven and can take weeks or months to make. But the piecing together and tailoring of pre-existing fabrics could have been done anywhere.