Special forces yard ceremonial shirt

pwmiraldi67

So its in-law hand woven fabric with English lettering !!!!!!

From the second meetings .

That gave them 365 days to plan these in-law ???shirts to be made .......

Give us a break .

Good grief Charlie Brown .

owen

Did I say that my in-laws made the shirt? Don't you see the machine embroidered English lettering on the garment in question? But apart from the machine embroidered lettering, the cloth appears to be hand woven by someone, but certainly not any of my relatives, and no such claim was made.

And after having lived for over a decade in the hills of Southeast Asia, I know to ask questions about these garments. And yes, I am happy to give you a break.

hochiminhtrail

Lets just go back to the city of pleiku, why making embroidery in saigon when you can make them locally in pleiku?

I stayed in pleiku and kontum for a longer period, i bought some nice montagnard blanket, and they are still made the same way as before.

Cheers

Alex

Did I say that my in-laws made the shirt? Don't you see the machine embroidered English lettering on the garment in question? But apart from the machine embroidered lettering, the cloth appears to be hand woven by someone, but certainly not any of my relatives, and no such claim was made.

And after having lived for over a decade in the hills of Southeast Asia, I know to ask questions about these garments. And yes, I am happy to give you a break.

Hi All

Just an interresting pics of ceremonial cloths (not the early Beogam uniform "the cargo pockets of pants is add" worn here and the beret insignia )

Cheers Jerome

post-1486-1262958844.jpg

Hi All

Just an interresting pics of ceremonial cloths (not the early Beogam uniform "the cargo pockets of pants is add" worn here and the beret insignia )

Cheers Jerome

Very Nice Jerome!!!!!!!

Id love to use those pix in a book how would I get the rights to use em?? Are the images yours?

just curious thats an incredible photo~!!!! Id love to have a shirt and saroung like that!!

paul

hochiminhtrail

on the left, its showing Barry Petersen a Cidg avdisor of the Australian Army.

the beret badge you see was designed by him for his unit "the Tiger Force",

if i recall well, in his book he tells how he made a couple of hundreds of these badges in saigon for his troops.

The badge is also shown on the cover of his book

i would love to have this beret.

The shirt he wears look like the ones made by the Ede tribe, in the region of Ban Me Thuot.

Cheers

Alex

Hi All

Cheers Jerome

Yes, this is Barry Petersen and I have his book autographed to me ! A must read for all SF buffs.

I have a pic of Barry's shirt on display at the AWM in Canberra. When I found it, I will post it here.

BTW congrats Bob ! You now own a gem. Along with Paul, of course !

vintageproductions

For great photos of the ceremonial wear, nothing is better then the National Geographic Jan 1965 issue.

vintageproductions

Spelling and Grammar lessons from you is like getting customer service tips from Ghengis Khan.

For great photos of the ceremonial wear, nothing is better then the National Geographic Jan 1965 issue.

Thanks, I actually have that one around here somewhere.....I need to look at it closer.

vintageproductions

If I remember right we did 14 of those, and then the last one was #15 that Kevin Lyles designed the cover for us. I believe the last catalog / list was done in 1991.

Yes, this is Barry Petersen and I have his book autographed to me ! A must read for all SF buffs.

Sorry to keep veering this off-topic ... but I thought interested parties may want to know of a new book on CAPT Barry Petersen, AATTV published late last year ...

tigerman.jpgtigerman2.jpg

Haven't started reading it yet but it looks like an 'interesting' read if the back cover is anything to go by ...

"Spelling and Grammar lessons from you is like getting customer service tips from Ghengis Khan. "

Well played sir, well played.

Thank you for calling Khan Incorporated. Calls will be answered in the order in which they are received. Please stay on the line for the next available representative or choose from the following options...

If your village or hamlet has been recently sacked, looted and burned to the ground, please press 1...

If you are calling to surrender before your village or hamlet is sacked, looted or burned, please press 2...

If you are calling representing a town or city that is currently under siege, please press 3...

If you are calling respesenting a town or city that would like to surrender before being placed under siege, please press 4....

If your son has been pressed into service for the Khan and your are inquiring about his welfare, please press 5 ....

If you are calling about the upcoming "All Hail the mighty Khan" festival and rock concert, please press 6....

All other callers please remain on the line....or until you see flaming torches approaching your home....

Gil.

That is the best thing I have seen posted in ages !!!!!!!

This great thread is getting very Col Kurtz dont ya think .

As I just watched Bill And Ted the other night I take that as a complement Bob , cheers ..........

owen

Hey mates ! Show a little respect for good ole Genghis ! I have read somewhere that he is the inventor of the Military Field Post. His far flung army and empire needed fast communication so he improved a network like the Poney Express to get in touch with his most remote outposts. Messages and parcels were delivered as well.

You know how much it is important not to wait too long for your eBay purchase ! He can be considered the founding father of modern FedX, UPS, DHL and the PO and AFPO. :D