New US Army Camouflage Uniform

SEAL76

The US Army will be introducing a new camouflage uniform soon. It is brown, gray and tan. It is similar to both the "duck hunter" and "woodland" Patterns. Here we go again. Collectors should like it though I think it will be hard to come by for awhile. A retired US Army LTCOL showed it to me.

Are you talking about the ACU pattern with coyote brown mixed in? If so, it is still only in the running and has not been determined (as of the 18th of Dec) as the winner. In trials, it did no better than the ACU and got poor remarks from the troops.

2w370op.jpg

Are you talking about the ACU pattern with coyote brown mixed in? If so, it is still only in the running and has not been determined (as of the 18th of Dec) as the winner. In trials, it did no better than the ACU and got poor remarks from the troops.

2w370op.jpg

It does look similar to what I was shown. Whatever they choose it will still suck. Of course in a couple of years they will change it again. Great for collectors though.

kyhistorian01

Hi Guys,

I just came across an article in the January / February 2010 issue of GX, The Guard Expereience Magazine that talks about this new pattern. It is currently being worn by 2000 soldiers in Afganistan and is being develpoed for use specifically in that theater. The article is entitled " New Camo for Better Bland in Afganistan" I will try to scan the article and post it under that title under the uniform topic bucause the article has a photo.

Robert

The Army needs to change that pattern! I see the guys training in the field, looking like they're wearing hospital or cook whites. SKIP

The Army just can't get it's arms around the fact that "foilage green" is not foilage anything! When items made with the new pattern are placed over standard acu, you can barely tell a difference. Why they just don't take the colors of the multi-cam and digitize it, is beyond me, a win-win. The color of the multi-cam and the pattern of the digital.

If we had some photo shop artist here, we could make that pattern and sell it to the army and then we could all split the profit to buy more militaria.

The other problem the Army has is the fact they have invested in web gear, rucksacks, and all kinds of other equipment in that ACU pattern. If I had a camouflage preference I'd take a hard look at the AF pattern. Color and camouflage pattern is good, makes sense. SKIP

The Army just can't get it's arms around the fact that "foilage green" is not foilage anything! When items made with the new pattern are placed over standard acu, you can barely tell a difference. Why they just don't take the colors of the multi-cam and digitize it, is beyond me, a win-win. The color of the multi-cam and the pattern of the digital.

If we had some photo shop artist here, we could make that pattern and sell it to the army and then we could all split the profit to buy more militaria.

Uh..its the Army (!) Lemme load up photoshop and I'll see if I can do it quick...

I think you speak about that (?) ;

http://www.army.mil/-news/2009/09/18/27514...in-afghanistan/

But if you have another article, yes, it'll be insteresting !

That is the outfit that he showed me. I still think camouflage uniforms except for snow white for obvious reasons is the only effective camouflage. When they make a uniform that makes the troops invisible then they will on to something.

....ooh ooh! Let me submit this one! Since we probably won't be fighting in too many woodland enviroments, here is the sand version of the ACUs. It's quite horrible looking which is probably just what the Army wants!

post-3373-1262366691.jpg

....ooh ooh! Let me submit this one! Since we probably won't be fighting in too many woodland enviroments, here is the sand version of the ACUs. It's quite horrible looking which is probably just what the Army wants!

Wouldn't need a reflective belt anymore!

The military and naval forces need to spend far less time on uniforms, camouflage or dress, and put money into drones, training, body armor and weapons. There us no universal camouflage like the man said. If they think there is they must not have spent a day in the field.

The military and naval forces need to spend far less time on uniforms, camouflage or dress, and put money into drones, training, body armor and weapons. There us no universal camouflage like the man said. If they think there is they must not have spent a day in the field.

usncamo.jpgusacamo.jpg

usmccamod.jpgusafcamo.jpg

Does anyone know if these new uniforms are made to the same pattern as ACUs, just of a different material, or are there differences in the cut as well?

For that matter, what about the Multi-Cam uniforms already being used by Special Forces guys? I would assume those are commercial garments purchased using special funds. If anyone has any pictures of Multi-Cam uniforms with known military provenance, I'd love to see them posted!

Bill

ClaptonIsGod

I'm sorry, but... that is an absolutely AWFUL camo pattern. :wacko:

Everything the Army is comming up with lately looks horrible. If they want to make camo that doest work well, they might as well make it look cool.

Does anyone know if these new uniforms are made to the same pattern as ACUs, just of a different material, or are there differences in the cut as well?

For that matter, what about the Multi-Cam uniforms already being used by Special Forces guys? I would assume those are commercial garments purchased using special funds. If anyone has any pictures of Multi-Cam uniforms with known military provenance, I'd love to see them posted!

Bill

dvkdo4.jpg

Here is the entire unform that has ben proposed.

jqthug.jpg

i hate to even say this but the usmc digtal camo works a lot better that than the acu crap that they use now ..when i started is was still od.green and then went to woodland bdu camo before i got out .. i work around some guys who got a hold of some marine corp digtal camo for woodland typle ops and they blend in better in the background than we did in our woodland camo cloths ..so i give the nod to the marines corp comeing up with a better camo in the long run ..

i hate to even say this but the usmc digtal camo works a lot better that than the acu crap that they use now ..when i started is was still od.green and then went to woodland bdu camo before i got out .. i work around some guys who got a hold of some marine corp digtal camo for woodland typle ops and they blend in better in the background than we did in our woodland camo cloths ..so i give the nod to the marines corp comeing up with a better camo in the long run ..

Problem is that the Marines trademarked the MARPAT pattern and no one else is allowed to use it. So much for one team.

when we where out in the woods looking around for the p- farms there in forrest the woodland camo was ok but the digtal marpat stuff was like one word i used from the younger guys and girls in the seach team ..it was the bomb. for it was harder to spot them when they would standing still in the background of the heavy forrest ares than the camo we where useing ..

i going to find a marpat camo clothing for us in the next sweep of the forrest areas for work ...