Red Dawn

gwb123

They should watch out for an Australian invasion of Hollywood instead ... two of the stars, Chris Hemsworth and Isabel Lucas, were regulars on the Australian soap opera, 'Home and Away'. Chris went on to appear as Capt. James T. Kirk's father in 'Star Trek' and Ms. Lucas has appeared as the 'siren' transformer in 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' and also as an Australian love interest in 'The Pacific'.

Think I'll decide to stay home and watch the original instead.

Ditto. Wasn't to thrilled about the remake to begin with, but thought I would give it a chance when it was released. Now though, I'll pass and give my money elsewhere. Nothing like PC fearmongering to ruin good stories.

snake36bravo
Check this news story out. Hopefully that means that the Red Dawn re-make will finally go to post-production and get released eventually. :thumbsup:

Here’s the first cast photo from the new movie. I have no idea who any of these people are, but then again, I didn’t know anyone from the original cast when the first movie came out: rd_cast.jpg

Ah. What a well rounded PC cast. Sorry. This is one I care less and less about. I was going to give it a chance but just like all the John Carpenter remakes I've skipped I'll pass on this one too.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
blitzkrieg gsd

I cant wait to see the new one and i love the old one but trying to make the enemy happy is a bunch of bs let us see the movie the way it was wrote to start.

Been reading that changing the entire movie from Chinese to Korean wasn'tnearly as easy as they thought it'd be. Some speculate that this movie may very well never see the light of day now.

• 4 weeks later...
DavidBliss

Why remake it at all?? It is a CLASSIC!!! Love Red Dawn. Clearly defined enemies that will fight us in the open...who could ask for anything more.

And North Korea?? Come on!! Really? Next they will be adding "Jar-Jar Binks" type characters. Do we still win in the new version? Or doe we "realize the error of our ways and give in to the greater good"?? More Hollywood propaganda

• 1 year later...

I just read that the re-make of Red Dawn is finally going to see the light of day after all. The trailer looks decent. Click here to see it. I can’t say that I like the idea of Patrick Swayze’s character being a Marine, I thought the appeal of the original movie was that they didn’t have a clue at first what they were doing but learned along the way.

Using some sort of super-EMP to disable everything before the invasion? I must admit, that's not a bad plot point!

WHAT ! according IMDb it's North Korea that invades the U.S. Ha, what a bunch of cowards, it should have been the Chinese, now thats something thats very real, I guess they didn,t want to OFFEND their Chinese Bag men.

Why remake it at all?? It is a CLASSIC!!! Love Red Dawn. Clearly defined enemies that will fight us in the open...who could ask for anything more.

And North Korea?? Come on!! Really? Next they will be adding "Jar-Jar Binks" type characters. Do we still win in the new version? Or doe we "realize the error of our ways and give in to the greater good"?? More Hollywood propaganda

AGREED!

• 4 weeks later...

The new Red Dawn is superfluous. If Chicom money can get the basic premise of a FICTIONAL movie changed because they don't care for it, then they have already won and control the show now!

The new Red Dawn is superfluous. If Chicom money can get the basic premise of a FICTIONAL movie changed because they don't care for it, then they have already won and control the show now!

Scary, but ever so true.

See this, a Red Dawn in a manner of speaking.

http://sadhillnews.com/2011/06/08/china-to...ear-boise-idaho

• 6 years later...

So I know the guy who printed the Russian camouflage for the original red dawn and after several years he was able to find me the last of the printed fabric

We did a deal and I got 6 yards Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Image

It’s nice to get movie stuff like this !

Enjoy

Owen

Posted Image

Well I now probably own the biggest piece of red dawn cammo in the world !!

Ha ha ha

BILL THE PATCH

In layman's terms how big is 6 yards, or did I answer my own question. How wide? How long in feet. Sorry I'm no haberdashery. Lol

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

In layman's terms how big is 6 yards, or did I answer my own question. How wide? How long in feet. Sorry I'm no haberdashery. Lol

Bill

Its really long.

2 short cars worth.

But not a long car.

owen

BILL THE PATCH

Bill

Its really long.

2 short cars worth.

But not a long car.

owen

But wouldn't two short cars equal a long car?, Are we talking VW bugs, or those new cars that you can pick and practically tip it over by yourself. Sorry I asked. Lol