Unknown Korean War(?) Ribbon

Mark M

Can anyone help ID the middle ribbon on this set? The rack is on a USMC officer who servered during Korea thru V/N. I was told it was a South Korean Regimental Unit Citation. I know I have seen it before but for the life of me I can not fins reference to it anywhere.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

post-569-1181872741.jpg

That ribbon is the old style Civil Air Patrol "Membership Ribbon", and I believe it is being worn upside down. This design came into use in the 1960's and was replaced in the early 1980's by a very similar ribbon with straight vertical lines instead of the curved lines like this one. (I'm @ work right now and away from my references, so I can't give you exact dates this was use by C.A.P.) I sure have no explaniation as to why it's on a USMC officers uniform.

After looking at this rack one more time, I believe I have an explanation as to why this ribbon is on this rack. In the Civil Air Patrol uniform regs, is states that CAP ribbons follow United States military ribbons but are AHEAD of foreign ribbons. Notice that all the ribbons that follow the CAP Membership ribbon are either United Nations or foreign ribbons. This rack is indeed correct for a CAP senior member (adult), with prior US military service. (Except the ribbon is mounted upside down.) However.... It is incorrect for this ribbon set to be worn on a US military uniform as it contains the CAP Membership ribbon. It would be correct for this ribbon rack to be on a Civil Air Patrol uniform.

I would bet that this Marine was in the Civil Air Patrol at one time or another and somehow the ribbon set was put on this uniform by mistake.

Lee

Thanks for the ID. This officer was a Warrant Officer so the CAP connection does have possiblities.

Thanks again,

Mark