Some of my WWII Naval Aviator flight helmets

bazelot

Helmet and goggles that belonged to a VP54 pilot. The cool thing about is that I also got the pilot's 3 log books making some interesting reading.

post-119-0-79142700-1399486795.jpg

post-119-0-62666500-1399486807.jpg

post-119-0-62363600-1399486840.jpg

post-119-0-32459700-1399486870.jpg

Great looking set TOM especially with his log books !!!!

I know that I have somewhere another one pic with long TH-37 cord:

Enjoy,

Jerry

post-369-1311777944.jpg

Here is my M450 helmet with cloth covered ear cups which I posted some time ago, but now I upgrade it a little bit:) put un-usual ( made for radio man ) left side TH-37 and vintage red bandana which we can see at some photos. Goggle are HB Rocket.

The best regards,

Jerry

post-369-1311788699.jpg

Another one pic of USMC aviator with red bandana around the neck or see the The Fighting Lady: The Lady and the Sea

action 16:35 everyone in ready room have red bandana around the neck:)

Another one pic of USMC aviator with red bandana around the neck or see the The Fighting Lady: The Lady and the Sea

post-369-1311789557.jpg

Jerry, thank you for posting those awesome pictures. I am amazed at all the pics you can posts!!!!

I have a quick question regarding the left sided TH37, why would they not just flip the receivers instead of putting the cord upside down. I have TH37 headset where the dongle is on the left but not upside down.

The latest addition to the collection. A mirabelli M-450 modified to accommodate the pilot's fat head :). It has a anchor pin on the side, probably the pilot's lucky charm. It earcups are 2 different colors. It looks like the brown one was replaced at a later date (this helmet must have seen quite a lot of flying time.

post-119-0-56912700-1399494008.jpg

post-119-0-74362200-1399494015.jpg

post-119-0-13529800-1399494023.jpg

post-119-0-06600500-1399494033.jpg

post-119-0-51909500-1399494041.jpg

post-119-0-21889200-1399494050.jpg

I could have this helmet DAMNNNN :( but Im happy that it went to good home !

Helmet looks amazing especially it is manufactured by G.Mirabeli and with nice custom modification :)

I answered you at PM on your question:) it is impossible change the cord from left side to right side becouse each plug in cord fit to correct hole in receivers marked + and -.

Left sided TH-37 were made for Radioman probably from Avenger, His possition in plane need left sided cord, probably the communications device was at left side.

I noticed some photos also with right side TH-37 at left side used by Avenger Radioman.

Take care,

Jerry

HI TOM.

Now your 1092L with left sided TH-37 is ready for Avenger Radioman display:)

I like the stiched cin cup in your new M450!

and of course helmet display looks super cool :))))

Cheers,

Jerry

post-369-1312274729.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
flight helmets 522
Here is my M450 helmet with cloth covered ear cups which I posted some time ago, but now I upgrade it a little bit:) put un-usual ( made for radio man ) left side TH-37 and vintage red bandana which we can see at some photos. Goggle are HB Rocket.

The best regards,

Jerry

Looks great.

Phil.

flight helmets 522

The best regards,

Jerry

Looks great.

Phil.

flight helmets 522

Another nice looking setup! I have a helmet like this, with the ANB-H-1A receivers, but no snaps for the O2 mask. Thanks for sharing.
Phil

flight helmets 522

The latest addition to the collection. A mirabelli M-450 modified to accommodate the pilot's fat head :). It has a anchor pin on the side, probably the pilot's lucky charm. It earcups are 2 different colors. It looks like the brown one was replaced at a later date (this helmet must have seen quite a lot of flying time.

That's a great looking helmet. Really unique. Thanks for sharing.
Phil.

flight helmets 522
Does anyone have pictures of WWII Navy pilots wearing AAF flight helmets?

I have a short "thread", if you will, with another forum member a few months back, where I started with a topic of "Unusual Combination of Helmets and Goggles". We took turns adding photos for a while. He put a couple pics of Navy, or Marine pilots, wearing army helmets or goggles. One was a Corsair pilot wearing an RAF Type C helmet, which was widely used by AAF pilots in the ETO. The other was a Navy patrol pilot wearing an AAF B-6 helmet and American Optical Airway goggles and a mixture of AAF and Navy kit. I tried to copy and paste to this, but couldn't. You should be able to go back in mine and find it.

Phil.post-14544-1313190525.jpg

Here's one. Note the TH-37s with the AAF B-6 helmet.

flight helmets 522
I have a short "thread", if you will, with another forum member a few months back, where I started with a topic of "Unusual Combination of Helmets and Goggles". We took turns adding photos for a while. He put a couple pics of Navy, or Marine pilots, wearing army helmets or goggles. One was a Corsair pilot wearing an RAF Type C helmet, which was widely used by AAF pilots in the ETO. The other was a Navy patrol pilot wearing an AAF B-6 helmet and American Optical Airway goggles and a mixture of AAF and Navy kit. I tried to copy and paste to this, but couldn't. You should be able to go back in mine and find it.

Phil.post-14544-1313190525.jpg

Here's one. Note the TH-37s with the AAF B-6 helmet.

post-14544-1313190781.jpg

Here's the Corsair Pilot with RAF/AAF Type C helmet.

Phil.