Some of my WWII Naval Aviator flight helmets

bazelot

A few more:

1092W helmet with mint Seesall goggles

Picture017.jpg

Picture033-1.jpg

Picture032-1.jpg

1092 helmet with MKII goggles thta belonged to R.E. Gray who most likely got his 3 kills with VF-12 with those goggles

Picture122-2.jpg

Picture113-1.jpg

Picture123-2.jpg

flight helmets 522
1092 helmet with MSA type C mask, MKII goggles and headset

Picture101-3.jpg

Picture099-2.jpg

Picture097-2.jpg

Killer setup!

I put pictures of this one before but I now added the headset and I wanted to show the rigger added oxygen mask snaps which are quite rae on the M-450. It is also displayed with Navy AN6530 goggles with grey cushion.

Picture041-1.jpg

Picture040-1.jpg

Picture039-1.jpg

Great helmet TOM !!!! I like the M-450 with oxygen mask snaps especially in this variation( from A-14 oxygen mask accessories kit )... the down snap a the left side is there or not ?

Do you know that this type of hook is for A-10 oxygen mask?

I have to put some photos of my AN6540-S helmet soon :)

Regards,

Jerry

Great helmet TOM !!!! I like the M-450 with oxygen mask snaps especially in this variation( from A-14 oxygen mask accessories kit )... the down snap a the left side is there or not ?

Do you know that this type of hook is for A-10 oxygen mask?

I have to put some photos of my AN6540-S helmet soon :)

Regards,

Jerry

Thanks Jerry. There are no lower snaps on either side. I did not know the hook was for the A-10 mask. Thta's really good to know. I might want to purchase one. Do you know if there is a specific Navy version of the A-10 mask?

I am looking forward to the AN6540-S pics :)

Hi TOM.

It make a big sense! This helmet is modified to used A-10 standard oxygen mask snaps... you dont need a lower snap for A-10 Standard and also the accessories kit from A-10 Standard included a cloth with snaps( check your new Mick Prodoger book!) I didnt hear about US Navy issue A-10 Standard only AAF but I noticed some photos with this type of mask! Soo now you have to sell this helmet to my USMC early war F4U pilot:)))))

Here is first generation of AN helmet with black acoustic earcups AN6540-S(summer) simple helmet but hard to find in summer version and good condition with all buckles, snap etc. I decided to dispaly is with old M450 chin cup, ANB-H-1 receivers and 1021 Polaroid goggle.

Regards,

Jerry

post-369-1305629893.jpg

Here are characteristic details of AN6540-S series(not like in AN6542): no brow section at the front, small, round shape, blackened buckles for MSA type D mask, and seams at sides of the helmet.

post-369-1305630047.jpg

post-369-1305630402.jpg

I learn every day Jerry. So it is pretty early war I guess. Thta's good to know. I need a A-10 mask now then.

Great setup you've got there. Is the head standing on your mannequin?

Hi Tom.

Of course everyone learn something new every day :) glad I can help you! I sent you a P.M about great A-10 Standard mask!

I know my AN6540-S helmet is nothing special but I was looking for this helmet for a long time!

I didnt put the head to my new full mannequin yet but I hope it will come soon :)

Regards,

Jerry

flight helmets 522
I put pictures of this one before but I now added the headset and I wanted to show the rigger added oxygen mask snaps which are quite rae on the M-450. It is also displayed with Navy AN6530 goggles with grey cushion.

Picture041-1.jpg

Picture040-1.jpg

Picture039-1.jpg

Very nice setup and unusual configuration!

Phil.

flight helmets 522

post-14544-1305954544.jpg

So many killer helmet setups, I thought I'd try to jump in here

with one of mine and try to keep this thread going. I've posted this

before, but here's an M-450 helmet with TH-37s and MKII goggles.

flight helmets 522

post-14544-1305955137.jpg

Here's another M-450. It has the TH-37 receivers

with extension cord, MSA Type C oxygen mask and

pre war, or early WWII H.B. Rocket Goggles.

flight helmets 522

post-14544-1305957530.jpg

This is my last M-450 helmet. It has

the rigger installed black rubber, accoustic

earcups, ANB-H-1 receivers and AN-6530

goggles.

post-14544-1306013599.jpg

Nice helmet !!!! What kind of earphones are there ??? I supposed that is not a ANB-H-1 but pre war example. This type of cord is early or Im wrong...

Regards,

Jerry

Great set up TOM:)!!!

Try only remove a T-30 throt mic. I never see a photo of fighter pilots used this type of mic.

For sure would be better a RS-76 :) Now one is on Ebay, maybe you would be a lucky guy to win it !

Another great setup!

Phil.

Here is my example of M450 with TH-37 + extension cord and pre WWII MKI Wilson goggle. I get this goggle with bill from shop dated 1934 and orginal box + shipping box.

I love this set up becouse is very salty and great looking it this condition:)

post-369-1306159039.jpg

Im always afriad to buy mint M450 with ear cups.. It is easy to put together this type of helmet from orginal parts:(

post-369-1306159142.jpg