Belleau Wood Museum

Dennis,

This is a truly inspirational thread. Your room (museum) is utterly fantastic! I'm stunned at such a huge array of quality items. It really does honor those men who wore the uniforms and fought the battles, you should be very proud of what you've done. Can ask I a few presentation questions; do you frame everything yourself? And where are the beautiful glass casses and torso mennquins (on the stands) from?

Again, just wonderful!!!

Will

WWII USMC & USN - CAMOUFLAGE / CORPSMAN / PARAMARINE / MARINE RAIDER / DENIM / DECK JACKETS.

VIETNAM - CAMOUFLAGE / SF / 'IN-COUNTRY' ITEMS.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dennis,

This is a truly inspirational thread. Your room (museum) is utterly fantastic! I'm stunned at such a huge array of quality items. It really does honor those men who wore the uniforms and fought the battles, you should be very proud of what you've done. Can ask I a few presentation questions; do you frame everything yourself? And where are the beautiful glass casses and torso mennquins (on the stands) from?

Again, just wonderful!!!

Will

Will, Thanks for the kind words. I design the layouts for the framing (frame style, mats, glass and what will go where in the frame). The framing is actually done by a couple of friends of mine that have a party shop with a framing area in the back. They know what I expect for the final look and call if if they have any questions. There is usually some food and Single Malts in the back as well. All are done acid free and UV glass.

The torso forms are styrofoam and are from "Websters Displays". They work well for my purposes and can be trimmed down with a saw and razor knife in minutes for the smaller uniforms (my Corpsman in a size 1S). Cost with shipping for each is $59.00 to the East Coast. They have several styles to choose from.

Regards, Dennis

The glass display cases are from poking around antique shops and salvage sellers locally in my area. Some are very resonable and less expensive the the currently available cases. I plan to get more as I develope the look that I want my museum to look like.

"RETREAT HELL.....WE JUST GOT HERE"

LOOKING TO PURCHASE IDENTIFIED WW1 AVIATION GROUPINGS, INCLUDING MEDALS, UNIFORMS, STUDIO PHOTOS.

PURCHASE ANY AND ALL ID'ED WW1 NAVY CORPSMAN OR PHYSICIAN GROUPINGS; MEDALS &/or UNIFORMS.

WW1 USMC ID'ED OFFICER'S GROUPS, esp. MARINE AVIATORS -

ANY LARGE FORMAT 5X7 OR LARGER IMAGES OF MARINE OFFICERS & AERO PILOTS

Collecting/Preserving/Researching WW1 Marine Corps Items and WW1 Aviation Items

Thought that I'd post some of the "museum smalls". I don't have many individual small items but I think that's what makes interesting displays. Hope to add more of these types of items as I go along.

post-3422-1263070552.jpg

LOOKING TO PURCHASE IDENTIFIED WW1 AVIATION GROUPINGS, INCLUDING MEDALS, UNIFORMS, STUDIO PHOTOS.

PURCHASE ANY AND ALL ID'ED WW1 NAVY CORPSMAN OR PHYSICIAN GROUPINGS; MEDALS &/or UNIFORMS.

post-3422-1263070686.jpg

post-3422-1263070793.jpg

post-3422-1263070841.jpg

post-3422-1263070874.jpg

Flask

post-3422-1263070981.jpg

post-3422-1263071057.jpg

post-3422-1263071118.jpg

post-3422-1263071169.jpg

post-3422-1263071255.jpg

post-3422-1263071271.jpg

post-3422-1263071283.jpg

Can't confirm that this is a Marine Corps DSC, but I think Dan Daley's No. is close to this one.

MORE great stuff, Dennis! Keep 'em coming!

Semper Fi......Bob

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

You have a terrific display here. the matching of painted helmets to patched is simply awesome. The archival framing is just stunning. You have a beautiful display that not only photographs well but also tells a great story. Thanks for sharing.

John McP

John McPherson

Member, Historic Ft. Steilacoom Association

Member, Snohomish Carnegie Foundation

Educator, Snohomish School District

Snohomish, WA

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

Can't confirm that this is a Marine Corps DSC, but I think Dan Daley's No. is close to this one.

Dan Daley received DSC #237

Semper Fi.....Bobgee

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

Awesome mess kit Dennis, I love seeing trench art! Also, only one number off from the DSC of Dan Daley??? Wow!

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."

Dan Daley received DSC #237

Semper Fi.....Bobgee

I cannot find my DSC No. and award register anywhere. I thought Daley was # 237. Many thanks for the confirmation.

Hope you're well.

Dennis

• 3 months later...
I've been asked to post photos on how the "museum" is coming along. Last bit of paint in October - Nothing really finalized. Not all unpacked - Here's some stuff, however.

Hope it meets with some approval.

post-3422-1262196299.jpg

View going down stairs

Absolutely gorgeous collection Bealleawood! ! ! Thank you for sharing with us :thumbsup:

donation2011.gif

Very nice Dennis :thumbsup: That USMC officer dress blues looks familiar ;)

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Kurt Barickman

My hobby is my job and my job is my hobby. High School and University History Instructor

post-2-0-10415400-1477335312.jpg

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Kurt,

As well it should. Probably the earliest dated officer item I have at 1907. Different material from my 1917 officer's dress blues. I'll add some more of the museum in a bit.

Take Care ,Dennis