Exposed button ERDL trousers

Spike

post-532-1181796471.jpgpost-532-1181796493.jpg

Found these in a surplus store in Silverlake(near Hollywood) sometime in the early 90's, I saw someone holding them, they put them back so I snatched them up and paid the $18.00 for them. YES, they are US made and they are poplin ERDL. I saw an exposed button shirt years and years ago at a show but didn't want to pay the $250.00 the guy wanted, back then it was alot of money, I've also seen a type 2 jacket in ERDL on EBAY about a year or so ago. They have black threads and you can see where a tag was sewn in the back, I'm pretty sure they were experimental.

craig_pickrall

That is an interesting pair of trousers. Are they made to the same pattern as the first pattern OD jungle uniform or are they made like the third pattern but with exposed buttons? What about the take ups at the waist, button or buckle?

It may be that those trousers go with these shirts:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=2583

These pants are cut EXACTLY like first pattern pants, they have button take up tabs. They do not go with any of those shirts pictured in the link above.

craig_pickrall

That makes it even more interesting. Even though the ERDL pattern camo was developed in 1948 it wasn't until 1965 that it was dusted off and planned usage began. By then of course the first pattern jungle uniform was replaced. It must have been experimental as you suggested and one of those trials of various designs.