Unknown Diving Devils / Special Forces Pocket Patch

vintageproductions

vintageproductions
sfshirt1.JPGsfshirt2.JPGHas anyone ever seen a id on this pocket patch before? It is early 60's construction, machine embroidered on twill, and about four inches tall. This one is sewn to the pocket of a early Special Forces OG-107 shirt. Some of the thoughts were it might be a sport parachute club, but the counter to that is no Special Forces trooper would be allowed to wear a non-military / recreation patch on his daily uniform. Any thoughts are appreciated.

• 1 month later...
post-492-1181764429.jpgpost-492-1181764442.jpgHas anyone ever seen a id on this pocket patch before? It is early 60's construction, machine embroidered on twill, and about four inches tall. This one is sewn to the pocket of a early Special Forces OG-107 shirt. Some of the thoughts were it might be a sport parachute club, but the counter to that is no Special Forces trooper would be allowed to wear a non-military / recreation patch on his daily uniform. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Hi Bob,

Recently saw a photo of this insignia in ASMIC on the side of a truck door;it is pictured on page23 of the april-June 2005 trading Post and is ID'd as 508th PIR. Can not believe that I had just looked at that issue a few days ago and luckily recalled despite advanced age. Mort

vintageproductions
Hi Bob,

Recently saw a photo of this insignia in ASMIC on the side of a truck door;it is pictured on page23 of the april-June 2005 trading Post and is ID'd as 508th PIR. Can not believe that I had just looked at that issue a few days ago and luckily recalled despite advanced age. Mort

Mort-Thanks for the input. I had to go through my old issues and found the article / photo you had mentioned. It is close but not exact. The photo is WWII para standing next to the truck door. The devil is done just like the WWII patch, while this one on the uniform is a more stylized design and the devil is going the opposite direction. But, it was the closest yet, of getting this identified. This blouse came out of a Kansas City thirft shop in the early 1980's, and has never been messed with( no added or removed patches). Thanks again and see you in a couple of weeks in Denver.

Bob

• 16 years later...