More Vietnam era SEAL uniforms

Spike

$600.00 on a SEAL jacket even 15 years ago was a fair price. They are selling now, when one can be found for a couple of thousand.

I agree. $600.00 was a good price even then. I sold a named poplin grenadier jacket at least 6 years ago for $2500.00. I wish I had it back.

One squeaked by on ebay about a year ago for around $1200.00. I didn't bid because my friend said he going to. I found out later that he didn't even bid crying.gif

---Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Was looking thru some SEAL Team One enlisted rosters and found Bushlow, he was a corpman, that's why he wasn't on any BUD/S rosters. He was at ST 1 in 1970 from my records.

Was looking thru some SEAL Team One enlisted rosters and found Bushlow, he was a corpman, that's why he wasn't on any BUD/S rosters. He was at ST 1 in 1970 from my records.

Thank you for looking up this information for me.

Dennis

• 9 months later...

Hi Spike

Thanks for showing a small piece of your collection .

I want to see more !!!!

I have a funny feeling you have lots more that you are hiding under the table.

I have a machine that removes paint if you want to clean up the dirty old shirt.

o

Yeah, I got some more VN era UDT/SEAL items hiding someplace....

lol. yeah just some average pieces, hey spike. w00t.gif

Hi there

Do you have any camouflage head gear??

Ever come across any that is named , embroidered ect .

Is that something SEALs UDT did ?

Did they care about that kind of thing ?

Or were they to cool for school?

I know you have handled the most stuff out there , so what is your opinion on this one?

o

I used this thread/site to figure out what I had found at a yard sale. The SEAL rifleman's jacket is up for sale now on Ebay to the highest US bidder. I figure it was only right that I let you folks know about it. I did not have a clue as to what it was. As my mil-surp collecting intrest is in the area of Wiemer Republic and Nazi era K98 Mausers I figured I'd sell the jacket to help support that habit. Thanks again and I look forward to viewing this site in the future.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:IT&ih=018

vintageproductions

Thought we would add this photo of a group of collectors dressed as a Seal Team, actually all wearing real float coats. This is by far one of the best re-creations we have ever seen of a SEAL unit from Vietnam. This photo was taken a couple of years ago at The Old Ft Mac days in Southern California. There is a posting about this show in the event listings. If you have never been it is definately a experience.

seals.JPG

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello,

this one is NAM dated, but was this used by the seals in NAM, is this a seal equipment?

what is the official name for this vest?

thanks

post-6590-1268953586.jpg

post-6590-1268953593.jpg

Corpsmancollector

I always love reading this topic, glad someone brought it back up! Having just read 'Hunters and Shooters' I'm very interested to find out more about Seals in Vietnam.

Keep it up Spike!

Will

craig_pickrall

I don't want to distract from this fine SEAL thread or encourage more discussion of this life vest but to answer your question these vests were used in any water borne activity. Here is an example of an early model vest used in Panama in 1962 for a training exercise.

For the furure you would do beter to start a new thread asking "What Is It?" rather than to add it to an existing thread.

post-5-1269013167.jpg

post-5-1269013176.jpg

post-532-1182129546.jpg

Naval Advisory Group beret with an in-country made SEAL Team One beercan, I've had this for a very long time.

Appears to be an SF Beret with a colonels rank insignia.

"Appears to be an SF Beret with a colonels rank insignia."

While it might "look" like a SF beret, this beret is black and the the border around the flash is yellow. The bird insignia, or "crow", on the flash is completely different looking than a colonel's rank insignia.

"Appears to be an SF Beret with a colonels rank insignia."

While it might "look" like a SF beret, this beret is black and the the border around the flash is yellow. The bird insignia, or "crow", on the flash is completely different looking than a colonel's rank insignia.

I have one of these berets to.The crow is not the same as a Colonels eagle as Spike stated.My beret is very cheap and low quality.I obtained this about 30 years ago from a guy who walked it in at a small gunshow I was set up at with my dad.He found it at a flea market in Ames Iowa.Never really knew what it was til the mid 90s when I spoke with Paul Miraldi.

RON

Corpsmancollector

Has anyone got any more Seal uniforms they'd care to share? ;)

I'd love to see some more impressions too!

Will