More Vietnam era SEAL uniforms

Spike

post-532-1181712147.jpg

This shirt and beret belonged to a SEAL Team One LDNN advisor who operated at Solid Anchor then up at Dong Tam. I also have copies of his diary he kept and alot of his photos. Name blocked for privacy. Brown dominate ERDL, lower pockets removed.

vintageproductions

Not sure how many out there understand or realize how rare a named SEAL / LDNN Advisors grouping is. In thirty years of heavily chasing elite Vietnam items we have never had a attributed uniform and beret to a advisor. Spikey has shown us this one many times, and it is incredible. To see this group in person is amazing.

Bonjour Spike,

it's an amazing grouping, highly desirable. Is the name tape locally made, printed or US made?

I'm keen on headgear, if you have time I'm reall interested to see more closer pictures from the beret and the pocket patch.

Thank you to show us such treasures....

Cheers

Valery

PS

What was his MOS?

Valery, the name tape is local made, at one time there was a Navy tape but it was removed for some reason. I'll have to get a close up of the patch and beret later this week. This guy was a Lt. and he had a couple of different SEAL petty officers under his command. He was incountry in late 71 thru 72.

post-532-1181773755.jpg

Here is another SEAL shirt, has hand sewn SEAL TEAM 1/name tape and US jump wings. Belonged to a member of Oscar Platoon which operated at Solid Anchor in 1971, I believe this is the last direct action platoon that was at Solid Anchor.

post-532-1181967146.jpg

This shirt belonged to a SEAL Team One LDNN Advisor who operated at Dung Island/Long Phu. At one time there was a UDT patch on the shoulder. That's white paint on the shirt, it's the way I got it.

The guy in the photo was also an LDNN advisor at Long Phu/Dung Island in 1970, He and the guy who owned the green shirt were at Dung Island right around the same time, not sure if they actually operated together.

Thank you for the closer insignias shots. I really appreciate the bullion beret badge thumbsup.gif

Definitively top quality and scarce items!

Congratulations

Valery

River Patrol

Great Uniforms.....Do you have any photos showing these uniforms with the LDNN patch in wear during the war from the original owners? I have yet to see a photograph of these patches in wear.

Yes, I do have some pics of some late war LDNN advisors wearing various LDNN pocket insignia but alot of times advisors wore pocket hangers. I have pictures of advisors wearing berets as well. I can't post pictures right now, sorry.

post-532-1182129546.jpg

Naval Advisory Group beret with an in-country made SEAL Team One beercan, I've had this for a very long time.

post-532-1182299307.jpg

This was the typical way SEALs wore their shirts up until the Trident was authorized in 1970. Both Army and Marine jump wings were used. This shirt is named to the same SEAL as the LDNN shirt with paint on it.

• 2 weeks later...

post-532-1183781604.jpg

post-532-1183781625.jpg

First model M-79 vest, 1 of 2 that I have.

post-532-1183781569.jpg

Rigger made M-16 mag pouch, this one owned by a 2 tour SEAL, his name is on the back. I have alot of pics of SEALs from about 1970 on using these custom made mag pouches.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spike,

Some very nice Vietnam uniform items there. You really caught my eye with the early M79 vest. That's one of the items I looked the longest for and was happy to finally add it to the collection a couple years ago. I'm still looking for a SEAL grenadier's flotation jacket but am probably not ready to pay the going price if I could turn one. I'm afraid I was balking at paying $600 at the Great Western 15 years ago and can't imagine what one would bring today. Keep posting your collection as you find time. Great gear.

M79%20Vest%201.jpg

M79%20Vest%202.jpg

21M79%20Vest%204.jpg

post-532-1182299307.jpg

This was the typical way SEALs wore their shirts up until the Trident was authorized in 1970. Both Army and Marine jump wings were used. This shirt is named to the same SEAL as the LDNN shirt with paint on it.

July 28, 2007

Hello,

Not being an expert in this area could the following uniform have been worn by someone in the UDTs or Seal Teams?

Thanks,

Dennis

post-1389-1185646796.jpg

post-1389-1185646811.jpg

vintageproductions

$600.00 on a SEAL jacket even 15 years ago was a fair price. They are selling now, when one can be found for a couple of thousand.