USMC Homefront Button/Ribbon?

Brig

Wifey found this on eBay and figured it was interesting enough to pick up for X-Mas. She knows a Droop Wing when she sees it.

Interesting button with a droop wing EGA on it and a red/white/blue ribbon drape. I'm guessing 1930s or 1940s homefront support button, maybe for parades? Anyone have any ideas. I saw just the button once before, but this is the first intact one I can recollect

USMC_Button_1.JPG

USMC_Button_2.JPG

Good wifey! Nice pin......agree with your time frame. Merry Christmas, Tim. Thank you for your service. Semper Fi......Bob

It may be for use on the blue star flags that people put in the window to show they had a child in the service. My wife's great-grandmother had four children serving during WWI and had pins on the flag for their services:

4starflag.jpg

You are correct on the timeframe. They made the same desgin in Navy, Army and Army Air Corps as well. I would asy the pin is 1.5 inches in size if it is the same series. Also, nice to have a wife that has a good eye for items. Mine got me two nice Spanish American War pins. Merry Chrismas

very neat flag, FS. Mine is about 4-5 inches long

That makes it the perfect size to hang on the flags: the pin with ribbons on the flag is about 4-5 inches long.