M-26 Officer Solid Fire Bronze PB Service Collar Emblem

Brig

This is probably the most amazing emblem my wife has stumbled upon. Grossly mislabeled on eBay, she spent days scouring for mislistings and turned up this gem. Beautiful, beautiful Model 1926 emblem, often associated with H&H but not marked as such.

The anchor is seperately applied, but strangely the continents are not, though Cuba is still absent. Is this common with this model to not be seperately attached? Rear of anchor is marked 'Solid Fire Bronze'. Bobgee's example is just marked 'Fire Bronze', so here's another varient. Coincidentally, this is my first Fire Bronze piece.

Pinback, with a neat clasp. At first I thought typical c-claps, then noticed the hinged retention bit. Notice it rotates, I've taken a couple of closeups to give you a better idea.

Very nice emblem, and glad it's come here to roost

m26_SFB_1.JPG

m26_SFB_2.JPG

Another beauty, Tim! I think this is earlier than M1926, likely WWI circa. The catch with the lock is often called a "Tiffany" catch as you see it on their jewelry. Often found on WWI aviation wings both A.S. & USN. Good on, lad!! Semper Fi.....Bob

I know Tiffany used to make the MOH, and I've heard of officer ranks and wings, but did they also dabble in USMC items?

Very similar to yours, Bob. I thought we'd narrowed this down to H&H...

I know Tiffany used to make the MOH, and I've heard of officer ranks and wings, but did they also dabble in USMC items?

Very similar to yours, Bob. I thought we'd narrowed this down to H&H...

Nice emblem Brig! Tiffany did in fact make EGAs during at least the 1910's to 1920's. In my files in the states (I lost my portable drive pics to the dusty Iraqi environment) I have some photos, I cant remember the exact marking, somewhere along the lines of 'TIFFANY & Co'. Yours has the 'Tiffany style' catch, but is not a Tiffany piece. Still very nice nonetheless.

s/f,

Maj Mike

teufelhunde.ret
Another beauty, Tim! I think this is earlier than M1926, likely WWI circa. The catch with the lock is often called a "Tiffany" catch as you see it on their jewelry. Often found on WWI aviation wings both A.S. & USN. Good on, lad!! Semper Fi.....Bob

Agree, VERY early 20's (late teen's perhap's?) and welcome to the "Fire Bronze Club" :thumbsup: s/f Darrell

Agree, VERY early 20's (late teen's perhap's?) and welcome to the "Fire Bronze Club" :thumbsup: s/f Darrell

when do I get my membership card? :lol:

teufelhunde.ret

Had the opportunity today to visit w/ Tim and eye-ball this emblem. Must say, in person it is quite a distinguished emblem. And confirmed my what I had suspected, the hallmark on this emblem is raised, not incised as seemingly all the rest I have observed. Enjoyed the visit Tim, got to do it again soon... :thumbsup: s/f Darrell

post_22_1261762444.jpg

• 1 year later...

Another eBay Fire Bronze emblem from a few months back. Can't remember what it brough, but believe it was a deal...

DSC00814.jpg

DSC00816.jpg