Transfer of Reel to Reel audio tapes..

marineamtracer

marineamtracer

I have three reel to reel audio tapes from a Vietnam LRRP vet and I was wondering if anyone else has ever had these transfered to CD? Near as I can tell they are in good condition but is there anything I should know about what to look for in a business to trust with handling them? With my luck they probably don't have anything interesting but you never know.

Thanks!

Colin

I have three reel to reel audio tapes from a Vietnam LRRP vet and I was wondering if anyone else has ever had these transfered to CD? Near as I can tell they are in good condition but is there anything I should know about what to look for in a business to trust with handling them? With my luck they probably don't have anything interesting but you never know.

Thanks!

Colin

Reel to reel tapes are a pretty straight forward thing to copy to CD, but old audio tape can be quite fragile, much more so than say old movie film. However, most people who have and work with reel-to-reel players know how to handle tape so that should not be a problem: you might ask if they do tape splicing so that if it does break, they know how to fix it.