WWII Combat Boots ?

kloss

Hello

Is this WWII Combat Boots :think: ?

Many thanks

Michael

The boots are US M43's. They appear to be one each of two seperate pairs that were worn by the same GI. One is sized 8 1/2 C the other is a 9 B. On the 8 1/2 C "DEPOT 1944" is also visable. They appear to have been hard worn and were repaired at one point. They look like a nice set of legitimate WW2 boots. :thumbsup:

Captainofthe7th

Or are these from mid 50s use where GIs were instructed to dye their boots black? I have heard of some GIs that were issued 2 buckle boots and had to dye them black to conform with regs. These look REALLY dark for just being dubbed...I'd like to suggest that they were dyed at some point...

Rob

One of the things which reveal Kloss's boots to be early production is the use of O.D. canvas inside the cuffs. As far as I know, this was discontinued and white canvas substituted even before the War ended.

Here is a set of dyed boots I have.Came with a Colonels group.Note the black laces and you cant see it but there is black over splash on the brown eyelets for the laces.

RD

post-342-1261682992.jpg

post-342-1261682978.jpg

kloss

In my opinion your boots are not painted or dyed for post war use.I see no traces on the eyelets.I still say they are treated or oiled for for water proofing for lack pf better terminiology.

kloss

In my opinion your boots are not painted or dyed for post war use.I see no traces on the eyelets.I still say they are treated or oiled for for water proofing for lack pf better terminiology.

what you write is true , I have received the Boots and I see leather is only oiled .

I wash the oil and show you new pictures .