41 for Freedom SSB(N) jacket patches

topdcnut

The hull for the Scorpion SS(N) 589 was cut and 130' of missle section was added creating the USS George Washington SSB(N) 598 launched in 1959 the first of our nations original 41 ballistic missle submarines. Here are the jacket patches from the 41 boats, Tenders and assorted squadrons,material office and supply ship + missle patches. I am missing several Squadron patches an Atlantic material office patch and I need to know if there was more than one supply ship beside the Norwalk TA K.

I also do not like the Stimson patch, but will find a better one in time.

post-2723-1261537122.jpg

post-2723-1261537146.jpg

Some may wonder why I added 2 R E Lee patches, this is because each SSBN has two crews a Gold and a Blue crew.

V/R John

post-2723-1261538870.jpg

post-2723-1261538884.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone help me with insignia from the 4 British SSBN's that are similar to the US Lafayette boats. I know it cannot be posted here but if you have pics you can PM me.

T/Y John

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here is one more of the SSBN squadron and two ships that supplied the Hunley in Scotland. The Betelguse late was part of a group of AK FBM supply ships which were replaced by a group of T AK FBM supply ships specific to supplying this part of the fleet.

post-2723-1304978952.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Where will this end? Here is a group including a first issue Hunley patch and early Subron 14 a US Naval Advanced Undersea Weapons school patch an anniversary patch from the same school a Naval Underwater Systems Center patch and a very cool sub base New London patch. All mid 60's vintage

post-2723-1307486119.jpg

• 3 years later...

Have not seen this thread in a while, Here are patches from the Communication station in Scotland and another pre T-AK ship that supplied the Hunley in Scotland.

post-2723-0-97413600-1419382095.jpg

Salvage Sailor

Aloha John,

Nice additions to an already impressive collection. There is another FBM supply ship patch you need.

USNS VICTORIA T-AK-281 placed in service in 1965 to supply both Rota and Holy Loch

t-AK-281 USNS VICTORIA 005.jpg

t-AK-281 USNS VICTORIA 006.jpg

Ahh thanks, that one did not hit my radar. At least I know what it looks like and thank you for adding it to this thread, it fits great. If you ever want to let it go let me know

Mahalo, friend. Wish I was there and not here. Gotta go they just called a 100 man working party over the 1MC.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...