Repro Bazooka

trstevens

Hey everyone, I just had this Bazooka made by a friend of mine. I know the sling is not correct I just put it on for the picture. Let me know what you think. It's a little rough but remember it's our first one.

post-1726-1261619835.jpg

post-1726-1261619892.jpg

post-1726-1261619904.jpg

Looks pretty cool to me! I like do it yourself projects.

I'm still working on what I think is a lifesize .50 Browning, it could be way too big though as I am making the measurements from a picture I found with scale. Hopefully it'll be pretty close, I'll post it when it's done in the Modeling section and perhaps someone with a real or deac, or professionaly made blank firing can run their measurements against mine.

Johan Willaert
We are thinking of selling them if there is enough interest

Did you measure up an original one to make this one?? Because some of the details are a bit off and there are already better replicas out there. Mike Peeler (LBOE) does a great job and the ones made by Jon Heyworth's British 2AD group are absolutely fabulous... Then there's Lee Barlow who makes them too...

You will have to improve on those to satisfy the market...

JOhan

I've held this bazooka in my hands. This was the first one that he's made and admittedly it needs some more tweaking but, it was designed with a realistic budget in mind and could feasibly be sold for several hundred dollars less than others. From my conversations, the plans to build and market more of these is only a thought at this point and not a business plan.

I'd be interested in any drawings or hints on how it's put together,

that is if the maker is willing to share them.

Sincerely,

Andrew Van Der Plaats

C/O [email protected]

I will talk to my buddy and see if he wants to share the info. As for some "details" being off, my buddy is an artist and made this from pictures on the net and scaled it the best he could.

Corpsmancollector

I really like your bazooka, looks great for display!

Johan, would you be able to share who made the above bazooka in England? And are they available to purchase, or is this just a 'one off'?

All the best.

Will

Johan Willaert
Johan, would you be able to share who made the above bazooka in England? And are they available to purchase, or is this just a 'one off'?

It was made by someone in the British 2AD Re-enactors group. I believe this was a limited run and I got this one in the summer of 2008.

Don't know if any more were made, but someone here from the group should know.

It is IMO the BEST replica out there and looking at this one, I keep on asking myself how many museum bazookas are really genuine WW2 manufacture....

Johan

Corpsmancollector
It was made by someone in the British 2AD Re-enactors group. I believe this was a limited run and I got this one in the summer of 2008.

Don't know if any more were made, but someone here from the group should know.

It is IMO the BEST replica out there and looking at this one, I keep on asking myself how many museum bazookas are really genuine WW2 manufacture....

Johan

Thanks Johan, I know a couple of guys from the group so I'll ask around.

I honestly wouldn't know, having not handled a real one!

Will

I keep on asking myself how many museum bazookas are really genuine WW2 manufacture....

I know of a few that are certainly repros in museums! I once pointed out one I photographed at a museum and almost got crucified over it, so I no longer publically name locations of them...

Thanks Johan, I know a couple of guys from the group so I'll ask around.

I honestly wouldn't know, having not handled a real one!

Will

I think Peter Heyworth made them. So they were made by an Englishman in Wales. Like Johan said, they are unbelieveablely good. Really museum quality replicas that have to be seen to be believed.

Tom Bowers

audacia cum prudentia

as HBT says the brit bazookas were made by pete and jonno hayworth, they cost £ 350 with sling, spare bulb, copy of manual and three bazooka tubes when they were for sale if that gives you an idea of price

Pete and John Heyworths all the way......accurate in every detail to an original...like in Johans picture even the red arming light illuminates.....

Regards

Lloyd

Sgt_Rock_EasyCo

I think the home-made job is nice. At a glance you wouldn't know that it was't professional grade reproduction and for reenacting that's good to go. It's functional for puffing out a fake shot so that's even better.

I always found it rewarding to reproduce something yourself. Oh, you can go purchase something for about the same cost but the reward of doing something yourself is more gratifying.

Rock

Hi guys :o)

Here is a picture of me shooting our Bazooka copy... It is good, that it is a long-range photo, closely it looks like a Lego-toy compared with your threasures ;o)

yours

Frank D. Broccoli

F co. 2nd Ranger Bn, Pilsen, Czech Republic

post-9248-1262616108.jpg

post-9248-1262616686.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I got one of Lee Barlows excellent copies last year. To say "impressed" would be an understatement. I'm in a museum based living history group and several times folks have thought the 'zook was from the museums collection of originals! He uses water jet cut parts and is a true craftsman. To say that it is a reproduction would be a disservice, it truly is a replica. Guys who have made repros at home I appluad your effort, I wish I had those sort of talents so I would have to buy one! Here is my "Barlow" in action!

post-6949-1264471878.jpg