BATTLE OF THE BULGE

bastogne44

Corpsmancollector

Your medical display case is incredible! :o

What is the large OD colored item on the top shelf, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for sharing!

Will

Awesome collection cousin Bruno! Realy amazing! Thanks for sharing

I saw this interesting photo on ebay a few days ago. Showing one of the german war SS correspondants filming the scene where the cavalry vehicles were captured. I never saw this photo before.

29zwuhj.jpg

regards, Yannick

bonjour a tous

thank you for your comments.

hello cousin yannick, wow terrible photo I do not know this beautiful photo ........

big thank you to you for your interest and your dedication

the best yannick

cousin bastogne

Here one of my favorite item, he s acts of a bag model (swit case) with a name and a registration number that comes from the Ardennes

with a superb history

Captain Charles A Mitchell captain 526th armored

Here is a small page of history

On December 17, 1944, "A" Company 526th Armored Infantry Battalion under Captain Charles A. Mitchell, were ordered into combat in the town of Stavelot, Belgium. It was near the Ambleve River that German soldiers who were dressed in the American Military Police uniforms of soldiers they had killed and left their bodies stacked on top of one another alongside the road directed us into Stavelot. We were in armored vehicles called half-tracks with 50 caliber machine guns mounted on the center of them.

We had just crossed the bridge over the Ambleve River, when Captain Mitchell was apprised that German soldiers were in the area. Captain Mitchell gave orders to dismount and dig in, but time did not permit us to dig a foxhole. All hell broke loose at that time, flares went up, small arms fire was everywhere and our squad was scattered all about.

There were four personnel from our squad and one displaced Belgian person. The Belgian could speak German and the area was familiar to him. I asked him to show us across an open field so we could get back across the river. The Germans had set up an ambush on this side of the river. After we were across, we had to go up a grade through some timber.

It was here that I saw some German soldiers each taking two 5-gallon cans of fuel from a fuel dump. I informed Captain Mitchell of this activity and he immediately ordered me to burn the fuel dump. I was able to use my bayonet to quietly open a five gallon can which I splashed onto the ground and someone had shot holes into other fuel cans which had also leaked on the ground. I was pouring fuel as I backed away and when I lit the fuel it was only a matter of seconds that we had a huge fire.

I credit the Belgian friend for saving my life because of his knowledge of the terrain. I know that others have been praised for burning the fuel dump and that is okay, but Captain Mitchell and I know that the 526th Armored Infantry destroyed that fuel dump, slowing the Germans to a stop.

I was just a young kid, scared to death, but our trust in God is what defeated the Germans.

bag captain charles a mitchell

post-2191-1262123152.jpg

captain mitchell

post-2191-1262123294.jpg

picture post commendement the 526th armored

post-2191-1262123323.jpg

hello

letter cpl max s robison 740th tank bn

leattle history

The 740th Tank Battalion fight against kampfgrupe Peiper December 19, 1944 at Stoumont, with four tanks that the unit had recovered to the filing of repairs Sprimont, near Liege.

Attached to the 82nd Airborne Division in January 1945.

Participates in the attack on the Siegfried Line in February 45 and across the Roer with the 8th Infantry Division March 24, 1945.

post-2191-1262719225.jpg

post-2191-1262719239.jpg

bastogne44

relic from ardennes st vith,stoumont,gleize,lutrebois,lutremange......etc

No this is no exeption of the rooms but they have the deserves to be presented because it comes from areas of combat

bastogne44

post-2191-1262719687.jpg

post-2191-1262719715.jpg

hello

Here is a jacket m-43 mounted origin of 35th division from Lutremange limit (Luxembourg) it is from among the individual (person) as found on the photo with his badge who wanted more than a phone!

it has never been cleaned, she has spots on the front at the chest and sleeves ................. blood or earth ????? ??

d after the people or parliaments of the jacket has been found the soldier who carried died following an injury received a Lutrebois after some research of the 134th regiment fought against s is a unit of ss has Lutrebois

owns a laundry number No I have not yet been able to identify a date

Y or V. .....? 08? No this is not very readable

a bientot

bastogne44

post-2191-1263065126.jpg

post-2191-1263065237.jpg

post-2191-1263065157.jpg

Bastogne44,Thank you for saving and preserving such important pieces of history,also for your personal dedication to find and display them so proudly :salute: Very well done sir!

• 3 weeks later...

hello

thank you for your comment

Another item found in the Ardennes (farm), not in very good condition because mice eat but is always very interesting

Kit bag with a color code, identifying

HAROLD C HODGES Tennessee

275th Armored Field Artillery Battry A

Photo camp campebell avril 44

a bientot

bastogne44

post-2191-1265309770.jpg

post-2191-1265309959.jpg

Here is an enormous burst of shells found during excavations in the Ardennes I think of a 155mm

my cell phone to realize the scale!

bastogne44

post-2191-1265310553.jpg

one GUETRE found the past year Bourcy (Ardennes)

it is

Elmer a Miller of Indiana

BATTLES AND CAMPAIGNS IN NORMANDY, NORTHERN FRANCE, ARDENNES, GERMANY, BASTOGNE AND BELGIUM. AWARDED THE EUROPEAN-AFRICAN-MIDDLE EASTERN THEATER RIBBON WITH 4 BATTLE STARS, PURPLE HEART AND OAK LEAF CLUSTER, M-1 RIFLE SHARPSHOOTER BADGE AND THE COMBAT INFANTRYMAN BADGE.

post-2191-1265311190.jpg

ELMER A MILLER

post-2191-1265311310.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

hello

thank you for your comments

to continue on here ardennes a bag gas mask found in farm in the Ardennes

after researching the net he s acts of a black soldier

tribute to the people who were also fought in Europe also

after identifying the name of this satchel

he s acts of a menbre the 40th Signal Battalion

The 40th Signal battalion was constituted on 31 July 1942 as the 40th Signal Construction Battalion and activated on 21 September 1942 at Camp Campbell, Kentucky.

The battalion departed for England aboard the Susan B Anthony on 12 January 1944. It arrived in France 30 days after the initial D-Day landings and immediately set out on its mission on cable construction across Northern France to support the breakout.

From France, the battalion supported missions in Luxembourg, Belgium, and Holland, before entering Germany on 8 December 1944, where it stayed until the end of the war

The 40th consisted mainly of Afro-American Soldiers that distinguished themselves through excellence during the Second World War. Most of them survived the experience and returned home to their families

post-2191-1266529698.jpg

post-2191-1266529740.jpg

post-2191-1266529757.jpg