"Dogfights" History/Discovery Channels

Sabrejet

Does anyone else out there in Forum-Land enjoy the "Dogfights" series as much as I do?! Here in the UK they've been screened on The History Channel (which commissioned the series) and Discovery too. The state of the art CGI graphics really do put you in the cockpit, particularly if you're watching in HD with surround-sound! Also, the sequences featuring the reminiscences of the former pilots and/or aviation historians are really quite riveting...and invariably the latter are so modest in a, "I was just doing my duty" kind of way, so typical of their generation. Sadly, the fine old gentlemen who performed these feats of airmanship during WW2 won't be around for ever so it's vitally important that their stories are told and preserved for future generations. Even some of the Korean/ Vietnam War airmen are also approaching their autumn years now, so the same applies to them and their stories.

I've tried to acquire the DVDs of the series but they only seem to be available in the North American Region 1 format which unfortunately is incompatible with European systems. However, I've recorded them on my SkyHD hard drive, so that's ok in the meantime until (hopefully) they're released in Region 2 European format.

Sabrejet :thumbsup:

Dogfights is a great series.I bought season 1 and 2 from Amazon. For some reason our PS3 will play one of the box sets but not the other. Luckily they both play on a small portable DVD player which will plug into our TV. [uK]

Graham.

Dogfights is a great series.I bought season 1 and 2 from Amazon. For some reason our PS3 will play one of the box sets but not the other. Luckily they both play on a small portable DVD player which will plug into our TV. [uK]

Graham.

Hi Graham. Really..that's interesting! I've trawled ebay, Amazon and Play.Com etc but everything is Region 1. However, as I said, they're on my SkyPlusHD hard drive so that's as good as a dvd..apart from the portability!

Ian :thumbsup:

Just asked she who knows everything, we bought this little portable dvd player in Aldi for about £50,The thing fits on the car headrest so our son can watch dvd,s on long journeys. Any way it will play both region 1 and 2 dvd,s.

Just asked she who knows everything, we bought this little portable dvd player in Aldi for about £50,The thing fits on the car headrest so our son can watch dvd,s on long journeys. Any way it will play both region 1 and 2 dvd,s.

Thanks for the tip Graham. I know that some dvd players have dual compatibilty..but our Samsung doesn't!

Ian :thumbsup: