Scarce USMC Band Enlisted Shoulder Boards

williamsmilitaryrelics

williamsmilitaryrelics

Hi guys

Just want to add some pictures of 1892 Marine band shoulder boards I've just got,

it seems like they have been re-issued to the navy military academy band around the 1900's

post-6240-1261233202.jpg

Those are handsome shoulder boards--thanks for sharing! The shoulder boards or epaulettes worn by a ca. 1900 field music were a different color than the red worn by enlisted Marines. Any idea if the color same as band members? Best wishes, Jim

williamsmilitaryrelics
Geez William they are scarce as hen's teeth...! Who's hallmark (maker)on them? Thanks for showing these! s/f Darrell

picture of the maker

cool isn't ... better then that I've got them on the original USMC 1890's band tunic...

post-6240-1261252171.jpg

williamsmilitaryrelics

this is the tunic, USMC quartermaster stamp 1903-1904

after some research I find out the Marine Corps re-issued them to the naval academic band in Annapolis...

not too many survived since the all end up after that in city or circus band....and finally in the garbage.... :crying:

post-6240-1261255423.jpg

• 2 months later...

Here is a photograph from my collection of Marine bandsman A. C. Martin in uniform. The photograph was taken in Yokohama, Japan and inscribed by Martin on the reverse on May 11, 1900 in Hong Kong. I have been researching him but not turned up much yet. He is wearing the same type of uniform pictured in the original posts.

ACMartinBandsmanUSMC1900.jpg

• 2 weeks later...