Odd 2nd Model Jungle Jacket

louie

Been cleaning out stuff, many things haven't seen in years, and this jungle jacket is one of them. 3 label made of an almost plastic like material and the stitching done in buff thread rather than green od. Foreign made??

post-470-1261167880.jpg

post-470-1261167889.jpg

Been cleaning out stuff, many things haven't seen in years, and this jungle jacket is one of them. 3 label made of an almost plastic like material and the stitching done in buff thread rather than green od. Foreign made??

post-470-1261167921.jpg

post-470-1261167928.jpg

The patch is Philippine 2nd Division.

Thanks Bob. There is no DSA or DJA, or DA type number anywhere on the label. Almost looks custom made, but why put government labels in one?

Quite an interesting jacket.....can't say I've ever seen or heard of such before.

As for the UK and Canada sizing....not sure, but cannot recall Canadian Forces using anything like it.

Maybe it's a commercial piece or a contract piece of some type?

Duffy

Quite an interesting jacket.....can't say I've ever seen or heard of such before.

As for the UK and Canada sizing....not sure, but cannot recall Canadian Forces using anything like it.

Maybe it's a commercial piece or a contract piece of some type?

Duffy

I have seen m51 field jacket with the NATO and Canada info in it. I have never seen a jungle jacket like that though. Strange jacket.

It is US issue. Most likely as Andrei pointed out Korean or Japanese contract.

I have a number of early US jungle jackets that are marked with the Comparable UK and Canadian size.

It is my understanding that this was done simply as part of a joint forces sizing identification procedure, that was soon dropped.

As Louie said, you will find other items of clothing with similar tags.

i don't have an example on hand but the font and general appearance of the tag kindof reminds me of those on some tiger striped flight suits i have seen.

woody