Remagne 2009

IVY

Hi all , return from this fantastic week end .

this event was great but cold , we were all invited by the Duty First Reenacting group

First , was the big public show in two times ( assault on the town , combat in the street)

after it was an exibition of 87th infantry division in the town during ww2 , all the modern things was remove

Reenacting group :

-Duty first

-Crèvecoeur

-Big red one poland

-Rock of the marne

- lion of carentan

- jeepest

and many individual

the Show :

_mg_9510.jpg

20091226.jpg

20091227.jpg

_mg_9511.jpg

011110.jpg

20091228.jpg

20091229.jpg

20091230.jpg

20091231.jpg

t_dscf22.jpg

t_dscf23.jpg

t_dscf24.jpg

t_dscf25.jpg

p1010710.jpg

pictures taken with an original camera

pic_0010.jpg

pic_0011.jpg

pic_0012.jpg

I would thanks the duty first and Serge balleux for this fantastic week end , we were about 100 GI with the same patch for a quality reenactment

Wow, that looked like it was a great event. I like the setting with the buildings and the way the nuns were present during the battle. Nice job and thanks for sharing the photos.

Jack

This hands done has to be the best reenactment/display I have ever seen. You guys look great and the setting is just amazing. Looks like it is right out of the history book.

I'm with Blake_E I would love to join you guys for an event.

I am really amazed.

thank you very much for you comments !!! :thumbsup:

a pleasure to have american comrades with us .

this great events was organizeb by duty first , and was done by many quality reenactment group together .

more video of the show

• 4 weeks later...

here is link to litle galery from Polish participatns (Big Red One Poland (www.bigredone.pl - temporary unavailable by this domain)): http://bigredone.pl.testsb.strefa.pl/galeria.php?gid=1

there are only 15 pic, that I select - cause my kodak35 get`s little break this time, so I take only few digital shots after event, but i think they`re good enough to let You see.

Kloonej, What's wrong with your Kodak 35? I know they tend to tear up modern thinner films, especially in cold weather. My 'PH-324' did the same thing 2 years ago.

I've had a number of Kodak 35 and 35 RF cameras apart before and know a few quick fixes.

I took part in the Mock Battle at Remagne a few years ago. Took some pictures with my folding camera back then.

This December we spend the day at the chateau at Assenois;

http://www.flibweb.nl/flibweb/cpg143/thumb...s.php?album=167

I shot mainly with my Leica IIIc, Speed Graphic (with Roll film holder) and a Digital Epson R-D1.

Kloonej, What's wrong with your Kodak 35? I know they tend to tear up modern thinner films, especially in cold weather. My 'PH-324' did the same thing 2 years ago.

I've had a number of Kodak 35 and 35 RF cameras apart before and know a few quick fixes.

I took part in the Mock Battle at Remagne a few years ago. Took some pictures with my folding camera back then.

This December we spend the day at the chateau at Assenois;

http://www.flibweb.nl/flibweb/cpg143/thumb...s.php?album=167

I shot mainly with my Leica IIIc, Speed Graphic (with Roll film holder) and a Digital Epson R-D1.

Hello! Thats exactly what was happened. I had this problem few times before (even i hot: +30C deg.) but i change film and everything was fine. This time i use 3 rolls and everyone was teared up by first twist.

Can You help me on PRV?

HolyHappiness

I got goose bumps when I saw the pic of the .30 on the roof and the one where the 2 Germans are pulling away a wounded comrade.