What is this pouch? USMC?

gliderflyboy

Hell all,

I picked up a small pouch the other day and I have no idea what it is or what it was used for. I'm thinking it looks like USMC, but I think it could also be some kind of Signal Corps or Corps of Engineers bag. I'm guessing it's from the WWII era because it has that wonderful OD#3 "khaki" color. It's very rigid and can fit inside an M-1 ammo bag.

Pictures (washed out by the flash):

It has markings "M-209-B" on the bottom, I'm thinking that's the item's designation? No clue...

SANY1457.jpg

Big D-rings and a pen holder?

SANY1454.jpg

Loops for attaching to a pistol belt? Or a rifle butt?

SANY1456.jpg

Please help! Thanks!

Blake

General Apathy

Hi Gliderflyboy, I can't tell you price of the decoder that fits in the bag as European prices are sometimes different to American prices, but you will certainly be wishing it was still in there even at American values. :lol:;)

If you do a search on the forum here for M-209 or M-209-B I think there has been five or six previous threads on this bag and the contents. :think:

Cheers Lewis

Please help! Thanks!

Hi Blake,

If you are able to -- see "American Warriors" book, page 180. And you will see what is this and what were extras for this device.

The M-209-B was hand-operated tape printing machine.

Best regards

Greg

General Apathy

post-344-1261083577.jpg

Hi gliderflyboy, attached here is a photograph from the collection of forum member

' 517th ' take a look at his collection at ' My Collection - WWII Airborne ', your bag and decoder are in post # 29, use the link below to the page and scroll down to post # 29.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...coder&st=20

Cheers Lewis

Ohhh no kidding, a decoder. I never would've thought of that before.

After typing it in on eBay (one going for around 1,000 right now) I sure do wish it was still in the pouch! Hopefully I can get really lucky and come acrossone one day at a junk shop. Thanks for the help!

Blake