USAF Aircraft photo Mid 1990s

kyhistorian01

kyhistorian01

I have had this photo since the Mid 1990s. If my memory is correct it is a photo sent to me by a Special Operations unit when I wrote to them, but I am not for sure anymore. Its a nice photo though.

Robert

post-6492-1260923062.jpg

Keflavik Iceland. The photo dates early-mid 90's. The F-15 is from the 57th FS and carries the Keflavik tailcode "IS" - they deactivated in '95. The HH-60 helicopters were assigned to Keflavik's 56th Rescue Squadron starting in 1992. With those dates at hand, the pic is from 1992-95. The KC-135 and HC-130 aircraft were not based in Iceland but served on a rotational basis.

~Will

kyhistorian01
Keflavik Iceland. The photo dates early-mid 90's. The F-15 is from the 57th FS and carries the Keflavik tailcode "IS" - they deactivated in '95. The HH-60 helicopters were assigned to Keflavik's 56th Rescue Squadron starting in 1992. With those dates at hand, the pic is from 1992-95. The KC-135 and HC-130 aircraft were not based in Iceland but served on a rotational basis.

~Will

Thanks Will,

I actually corresponded with the 85th Wing commander in Iceland during the same time period as the SOS guys (1994) and over the years have gotten confused on which photos were which. I will have to place the photo back with the correspondence and patch they sent me.

Robert