US.Navy Pilot.

Mid war...
Hi Jerry....I like your mid war display. Maybe you can help me with a few things? I'm a Marine Corps Emblem collector but was given several things belonging to the late Bernie Hines. I know that he was in the Flying Tigers. The things I received are: A silk flag like the one you have in the display. A bunch of silver India and Berma coins. A very small compass. A booklet of 101 songs you love to sing. Several nice patches(some like the one you have stitched in silver thread)

A 1911 Infantry Drill Regulations (small blue book) and a small gun sight looking thing and a carved cigar box with the letters A C B on the front and a carved blue and red plane on the lid. At this point I have not taken any pictures but will try. Do you think that these things are something collectable. Like I said I collect EGA's and have no clue about this stuff.

Thank you!!

Semper Fi

Murray

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jerry

I can't send a reply or picture today for some reason. I will have my son look at it.

The flag is like yours but has 17 languages with english in the top center.

As soon as I can send pictures I will.

Murray

Jerry_K,

You have an amazing collection and display. My personal collection is mostly army & navy aviation(WW2). This thread just completely blew my mind. I have a small collection compared to you, but it is something. Have several flying helmets I want to sell. Can't post in the for sale forum yet 'cause I am new around here.

-Jack

Jerry K. - WOW!!! :w00t: Your collection is mindblowing! You have so many incredible, hard to find, and rare pieces in amazing condition. Thank you for sharing your collection with everyone here on the forum.

Actively buying WW2 jungle gear & equipage, items unique to the Pacific Theater, Battle of Guadalcanal items, Battle of Okinawa items, WW2 27th ID items, WW2 11th Airborne items, WW2 Marine Raider items, Pacific War "trench art", WW2 Japanese items.

Looking for wartime and post-war newsletters of the 27th ID ("The Orion Gallivanter"), 11th Airborne ("Winds Aloft", "Voice of The Angels", etc.), 96th ID ("The Deadeye Dispatch"), Marine Raiders ("The Dope Sheet", "The Raider Patch", etc.).

No Problem Murray, I have a time :) dont worry :)

Thanks for reply,

Regards,

Jerry

Jerry

I can't send a reply or picture today for some reason. I will have my son look at it.

The flag is like yours but has 17 languages with english in the top center.

As soon as I can send pictures I will.

Murray

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2019.gif

Wow Thanks Guys!!!! I try the best I can, from out side of US it is hard to collect Navy Aviation but it is possible as you can see here :)

Now Im working at my manequin, I bought a lot of nice and rare stuff soo I will put new photos soon, I hope next week.

The best regards,

Jerry

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2019.gif

For now, here is my imporved Late war Naval Aviator with : Type Z-2 anti-blackout WW2 contraced flying suit and summer AN6551 jacket over it. AN6519 life vest with MKI MOD 0 flare pockets, two 556B dye markers rigger reinforced by grey material from parachute pack or M592 pack, Western "Shark" Knife, late war survival light and black "US NAVY, Made in USA" whistle with lanyard ring. Helmet is standard nylon tropical helmet with A-14 oxygen mask snaps and Navy flying M1944 goggle and green late war Q.A.S. harrness.

Enjoy,

Jerry

post-369-1311243448.jpg

• 2 months later...

Lot of great pieces here.. I am hoping after getting a few more aviator medal groupings to start collecting flight gear and uniforms...

Wanted - WW2 Medals, Uniforms or Groupings to the 82nd Airborne Div

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks TOM. I have put there some new pics but dont have too much time right now :(

Cheers,

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I'm a new forum member and being a collector of US Naval Aviation items I caught up with this thread. I was absolutely and thoughly impressed with your items and the talent you have for display. When I am capable of posting "New Topics" I'll post photos of a few of my more interesting USN flight helmets. Again, very impressive, thanks for sharing.

Always looking for 4th Fighter Group and 490th Bomb Group items.

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2020.gif

HI Scarecrow thanks for words. I really appreciate it:) Always I try to make very good display and used all stuff which was carried by Naval Aviators in WW2.

Here is my manequin update: AN6519 late war life vest with rigger added two pocket for MKI MOD 0 flare. One pocket is made from full yellow rubber and another one from yellow/grey rubber.

post-369-1320079034.jpg

We can see there also rigger modified pocket from M592 kit to a shoulder Case XX machete sheath, rigger made note pad and ammo waist belt, summer flying gloves, wrist compas, U.S Navy contraced wrist watch, .38 holster with ammo loops, brown lanyard whistle and survival light.

Enjoy,

Jerry

post-369-1320079846.jpg

Hi everyone.

I'd like to share with you a great website about US NAVY AVIATION equipment and clothing from World War Two. The author of the site is a good friend of mine pararaftanr2. I think it would be the best source of any information about this subject. For sure all of this information there, will be covered in book(in future) but for now we have a website: http://pilotsmanyourplanes.com/

Enjoy and any comments will be appreciated.

The best regards,

Jerry

• 4 weeks later...

Way to go Jerry I'm really glad you finally found one. I couldn't make out the number on it and if it had an NXS before it but I can't remember if mine had one either or if they even put the letters on the penlight like other WW II items. I still don't know why the USN in WW II never dated items like the USAAF did.

Mike

PROPERTY US NAVY signature.