US.Navy Pilot.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All, Hi Jerry,

yes, I saw myself doing the USN pilot because I think this area of collection is much richer in terms of equipment which the AAF.

In France it is very difficult to have the NAF, he takes a patient to make a complete USN pilot.

I hope my photos will be able to please some you!

Reagrds

Laurent (France)

Very impressive.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys.

First I would like to thanks the administrator for pinned this topic !

Here is my new friend in my small room, displayed with M668 summer flying suit with two rigger pockets.

One is for MKI knife and another one probably for M575 pocket knife...

For now the manequin dont have a head becouse I had to put there a cuted styrofoam torso becouse orginal torso was too big to my suit( size 36 S) but I will glued head soon where I find good helmet and rest stuff: life vest, dye marker, shark chaser, holster and rest :)

post-369-1306323374.jpg

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2019.gif

How I did find that material is from parachute pack or M592 kit or how I did find the suit???

Most of rigger items are made from parachute pack/M592 kit material, this cavans is heavy grey at out side and light grey at in side, second material is heavy blue cavans possibly take from cockpit aircraft cover. I bought suit from my french friend Greg( he is also member of this forum).

Regards,

Jerry

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2019.gif

Thanks Mike.

I forgot answer you about replica .38 S&W. It is very very good but is pricey, 300 USD:) I would like spent 300 USD for some real gear but for sure I have to think about buy one in the future!

Regards,

Jerry

Great new mannequin Jerry! Looking really good :thumbsup:

I really like your display cabinet too, very practical with draws and a glass front. Your collection really is top class!

Keep up the hard work ;)

Will

WWII USMC & USN - CAMOUFLAGE / CORPSMAN / PARAMARINE / MARINE RAIDER / DENIM / DECK JACKETS.

VIETNAM - CAMOUFLAGE / SF / 'IN-COUNTRY' ITEMS.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Jerry,

You're right, it is pricey but if you can't own a real Victory 38 in your country this is the only way you can fill your WW II USN Victory 38 Rigger modified holster. Maybe one of these replica 38's will show up on the Internet cheaper someday which would be great.

Mike

Thanks Mike.

I forgot answer you about replica .38 S&W. It is very very good but is pricey, 300 USD:) I would like spent 300 USD for some real gear but for sure I have to think about buy one in the future!

Regards,

Jerry

Another shot of VMB-613... Im curiosity why on most of crew pics only two guys were wearing green nylon flight suit... They are pilots???

Yes, the two men in the dark green nylon flight suits were indeed pilots: Al Varner and Paul Feakins.

While overseas, VMB-613 received a limited number of those nylon flight suits. They issued them to the commissioned officer who were the pilots, and in a few cases, navigators.

Hi Mike!

Of course I 100% agree with you ! The replica is much better than fresh air in the holster :)

I will watch this .38 maybe they show up somewhere for less money !

Thanks for word Will :) Now I have to put much more stuff for my new manequin but I hope I will find new flying gear soon :)

Regards,

Jerry

p.s. you have to think also about manequin with you P42 camo set:)

Jerry,

You're right, it is pricey but if you can't own a real Victory 38 in your country this is the only way you can fill your WW II USN Victory 38 Rigger modified holster. Maybe one of these replica 38's will show up on the Internet cheaper someday which would be great.

Mike

hi Guys.

I still improve my display:)

Here is my old Avenger pilot display improved by a few small items: whistle from M592 survival back pad kit, M67 survival flashlight, AN6540-S helmet and PAL36 knife with aluminium reinforced sheath.

This kind of reinforcement could avoid split the sheat by very sharp knife edge... even I noticed a article about it in Naval Aviation news...

Knife was belong to the Avenger gunner Francis Dreiger from Air Group-12, I also got his AN6542 helmet which is posted in uniform thread about Naval Fyling Helmet.

Regards,

Jerry

post-369-1307098626.jpg

Thanks Frank for comment!!!! I have tu put a lot of work there but I try the best I can :))))!

Maybe you did find some new items ???

Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry

Your collection is really impressive!

Franck