US.Navy Pilot.

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for another authentic reconstruction. I appreciate your attention to detail. You look like you just stepped out of one of the crews:

post-9787-1268252730.jpg

Those USMC PBJ-1H squadrons are often overlooked, but their Mitchells with the radar directed 75 mm cannons were an awesome weapon. Can you tell us about the white label, or marking on the top flap of your E-17 kit? Thanks again! Regards, Paul

Thanks for words about my imperssion and another cool photo....Nice that only one person appreciate it :) I like so much these crews... The white point on top of E17 is only paintwork in square:((( Im having idea for new impression but, will take a lot of time to make it:))) Maybe You will make another one :)

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2019.gif

Another shot of VMB-613... Im curiosity why on most of crew pics only two guys were wearing green nylon flight suit... They are pilots???

last one: lieutenant:RICHARD DOSSELO from VMB-611... noticed that he is wearing M668 flight suit ( round collar and two chest pockes and pencil pocket on left arm)

enjoy,

Jerry K.

post-369-1268306439.jpg

post-369-1268306595.jpg

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2019.gif

Nice Jerry! Thanks for these very good photos and your representations! I love particulary your Nylon suit with plate name and rigger pocket for the knife. Impressive! The 1945/46 USN pilot seems to be less collected than the 1943/44 period I think. It's really seems to be an authentic pilot from these years! :thumbsup:

Very rare seeing Nylon flight suits in ww2 (on your ww2 pics).

Franck

Nice Jerry! Thanks for these very good photos and your representations! I love particulary your Nylon suit with plate name and rigger pocket for the knife. Impressive! The 1945/46 USN pilot seems to be less collected than the 1943/44 period I think. It's really seems to be an authentic pilot from these years! :thumbsup:

Very rare seeing Nylon flight suits in ww2 (on your ww2 pics).

Franck

Thanks for comments Bebel...

I like both era of pilots early or late(45)... I think in late war you can show more items like all kind of survival and rigger stuff:)))

The best regards,

Jerry K.

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys...

Here is my new impression: USMC crew member of PBJ Mitchell. I was thinking about this imperssion after had seen great photos of Marine Bombing Sqadrons from 1944 and 1945...

Great impression Jerry!

Nice collections one and all :)

WWII USMC & USN - CAMOUFLAGE / CORPSMAN / PARAMARINE / MARINE RAIDER / DENIM / DECK JACKETS.

VIETNAM - CAMOUFLAGE / SF / 'IN-COUNTRY' ITEMS.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Hi Jerry

For my two QAS ans USN S-5, all made by "Standart parachute compagny"

For my S-1 type for USN, made by "USNaval Factory" (1943)

Bye Jerry

Laurent

Hello Laurent.

Thanks for answer... We are wainting for photos... Q.A.S. parachute pack is a not popular items even in USA... Im a little but cofused about this Q.A.S. pack made by "Standard parachute compay" most of them looks like put together today, but this is only opinion...

Also here is new Naval Aviation dispaly made in my new home with girlfriend:)

Navy ANR-2B raft kit case with some contents inside, two E3A survival kit : AAF and USN type,EMS-1 signal mirror, M566 dye marker, M567 survival light, C.B.I.pointie talkie series 4, escape kit in vinylite pouch( many thanks Paul), big NACI-HO western pacific area rayon map on deck, white deck helmet converted for flying with acoustic ear cups, USN ANB-H-1A earphones and MKII goggle with case, USN baseball cap, TH-37 earphones with brown cups named C.S. Bemis from VPB-18,USN RS-38 hand microphone, aviator sunglasses and silk scarf made from parachute copy...

Any comments are welcome :)

Best regards,

Jerry K.

p.s. Thanks for words Will!!!

post-369-1272821148.jpg

Jerry

I'm still dumbfounded as to where you found all of the rarer WW II Naval Aviation items because I haunted military, gun and antique shows and put out want Ads and interviewed USN aviation vets for over 17 years and never saw the really rarer items that you have in your collection. Thanks for sharing the pictures with all of us collectors.

Mike

Big thanks for comments Mike and Franck...

Hmmm maybe Im in correct time in correct places:)Dont forget that Your collection is 100% better than My and You have more great items!!!

I dont have too much stuff.... Paul (pararaftanr2) have all of Naval Aviation stuff!!!!

Best regards,

Jerry K.

I haunted military, gun and antique shows and put out want Ads and interviewed USN aviation vets for over 17 years and never saw the really rarer items that you have in your collection. Thanks for sharing the pictures with all of us collectors.

Haha it sucks doesn't it. God damit