US Navy Pilot - Naval Aviator Displays

Darkvalley

Thanks Jerry! I think the only difference between the Suit, Flying, Summer and the M668 is thag the SFS has a zipper on the pen pocket on the soldier, and if of course tagged differently. I’ve seen Marines with M668s earlier in Korea as well.

2 minutes ago, bloke21 said:

Thanks Jerry! I think the only difference between the Suit, Flying, Summer and the M668 is thag the SFS has a zipper on the pen pocket on the soldier, and if of course tagged differently. I’ve seen Marines with M668s earlier in Korea as well.

I should note that this one is “Specification MIL” marked with N383s contract prefix, rather than M668 spec

Sure, from the bottom leg part it looks like a m668 but sure later ones have a zippered sleeve pen pocket. Can you post better pic w/o leather jacket?

Take care,

Jerry

40 minutes ago, jerry_k said:

Sure, from the bottom leg part it looks like a m668 but sure later ones have a zippered sleeve pen pocket. Can you post better pic w/o leather jacket?

Take care,

Jerry

Heres an old pic of it I have, you can see the zipper pocket on the shoulder. I’ve seen zipper pockets in use later in Korea with the Navy & Marines.

C10D1CC6-EDB4-42B4-89C4-59C1DD8D38A9.jpeg

• 3 months later...

I have a question.  I have recently come across a mae west in navy blue contract number n151s-63708 made by firestone.  I noticed that someone had one and there was some debate on whether it was procured for surface or air use.  I am in the infancy phase of putting together a naval aviator display.  I have acquired a 1092 USN marked flight helmet, a set of TH-37 receivers and a pair of Polaroid flight goggles.  Would this all be appropriate to display together?  Thank you.

Mike

IMG_3566.png