• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Dark! Yes I was looking kit like this for a long long time!

Im fine. Smooth and easy not too much militaria too buy:) It makes me and my wallet happy :)!

and You?

cheers,

Jerry

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2019.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Jerry

Here is my latest acquisition. failing to read the date correctly, I would like to know if you have any information about this number of contract : NOa(s)-3196 ?

It is complete with canopy. I was looking for a very long time since I already had the harness.

post-8744-0-91606700-1401907455.jpg

Laurent.D (France)

Dark it is my old chute which I sold lasy year to USA :) I supposed that is my example, the same NAVY type, Pioneer, and have a two zip tie at the handle to secure.

The date was (probably)44 in fade blue ink at the bottom front.

Cheers,

Jerry

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2019.gif

This contract was awarded in early 1944 and completed in 1944. I suspect that's your primary question. NOa or NOA prefixes are quite common this just means the contract was drafted and negotiated by the BuAer but funded by the BuS&A. It is also a Limited contract meaning it cannot be renegotiated finalized with a fixed price and specific quantity. The little s in parenthesis stands Supplies.

Hi Jerry

Arghhhh !!!!! it's yours! :P

You should have keep it, it's a nice collector's item.
I had the harness for a long time, it was used to G.PONS for his latest book.

Hi Dark.

World is small... Yes the chute is cool but I dont have everything! I sold this with more big part of my collection and hold only the best the best items... still have to buy buch of stuff to complete pilot's manequin!!!!!

Nice harness! They are Quick Adjusted model with fast regulation of chest strap's? Or earlier example?

Thanks for cool late war pilot manequin!