US.Navy Pilot.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You have the eye! is that it is recognizable with the tag ripped on the left strap.

Mine is empty. I bought it all just to cover the raft, for my first parachute, as a result I do not know if I kept this harness, I still hesitated.

We know the price of a syrettes of morphine!

in my M-592 kit, I also have 6! a small fortune for these syrettes are not empty!

Laurent.D (France)

Yes ,I know this parachute very well :)

I guess the best option would be save a raft kit and sell the parachute( I dont have a good feeling about all of these empty "Standard parachute co." packs converted for Q.A.S. and Seat type parachute...

Yeah full syrettes of morphine are a small fortune:)))

Cheers,

Jerry

You have the eye! is that it is recognizable with the tag ripped on the left strap.

Mine is empty. I bought it all just to cover the raft, for my first parachute, as a result I do not know if I kept this harness, I still hesitated.

We know the price of a syrettes of morphine!

in my M-592 kit, I also have 6! a small fortune for these syrettes are not empty!

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2019.gif

You mean how attached the raft kit to the parachute pack?

In early war the raft kit was rigger tacked to the parachute pack in four places... in the mid war rigger started make a two webbing slots at raft case to put there a Q.A.S. parachute pack chest straps( and probably also a rigger tack raft case to the para pack... In the end of 1944 riggers used a new pararaft kit container for raft kit case... Container was also tacked to the harrness and have a slot for Q.A.S. pack chest strap but it was easier to put off the kit... after 44 the container was changed a bit, improved a snap hook and called M641 ( You can find it sometimes at Ebay).

I have a pics of all the pararaft containter from Naval Aviation News but at my home computer...

Cheers,

Jerry

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gif
donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2019.gif

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...