US Navy Pilot - Naval Aviator Displays

Darkvalley

Hi guys.

First I would like to thanks the administrator for pinned this topic !

Here is my new friend in my small room, displayed with M668 summer flying suit with two rigger pockets.

One is for MKI knife and another one probably for M575 pocket knife...

For now the manequin dont have a head becouse I had to put there a cuted styrofoam torso becouse orginal torso was too big to my suit( size 36 S) but I will glued head soon where I find good helmet and rest stuff: life vest, dye marker, shark chaser, holster and rest :)

post-369-1306323374.jpg

Here are better photos of rigger pockets.

Smaller one is probably for M575 pocket knife. Second one is for MKI knife, I put there a Camillus N.Y. MKI with riveted sheat.

post-369-1306324590.jpg

post-369-1306324604.jpg

Now I have to find a MKI sheath with rigger modification by added a snap at the back of the sheath, but I think it would be very hard to find item :(

Pocket without a knife and extra snap added for secure the sheath in pocket.

Here is example of the same style of pocket and correct knife for it !

The best regards,

Jerry

post-369-1306324772.jpg

post-369-1306324934.jpg

Thanks Phil.

I would like to add info about rigger pockets material: it is material used in parachute pack or back pad survival kit M592...

Regards,

Jerry

flight helmets 522
Thanks Phil.

I would like to add info about rigger pockets material: it is material used in parachute pack or back pad survival kit M592...

Regards,

Jerry

That's awesome. How'd you find it?

Phil.

How I did find that material is from parachute pack or M592 kit or how I did find the suit???

Most of rigger items are made from parachute pack/M592 kit material, this cavans is heavy grey at out side and light grey at in side, second material is heavy blue cavans possibly take from cockpit aircraft cover. I bought suit from my french friend Greg( he is also member of this forum).

Regards,

Jerry

Thanks Mike.

I forgot answer you about replica .38 S&W. It is very very good but is pricey, 300 USD:) I would like spent 300 USD for some real gear but for sure I have to think about buy one in the future!

Regards,

Jerry

Corpsmancollector

Great new mannequin Jerry! Looking really good :thumbsup:

I really like your display cabinet too, very practical with draws and a glass front. Your collection really is top class!

Keep up the hard work ;)

Will

Lightning Ace

Jerry,

You're right, it is pricey but if you can't own a real Victory 38 in your country this is the only way you can fill your WW II USN Victory 38 Rigger modified holster. Maybe one of these replica 38's will show up on the Internet cheaper someday which would be great.

Mike

Thanks Mike.

I forgot answer you about replica .38 S&W. It is very very good but is pricey, 300 USD:) I would like spent 300 USD for some real gear but for sure I have to think about buy one in the future!

Regards,

Jerry

Another shot of VMB-613... Im curiosity why on most of crew pics only two guys were wearing green nylon flight suit... They are pilots???

Yes, the two men in the dark green nylon flight suits were indeed pilots: Al Varner and Paul Feakins.

While overseas, VMB-613 received a limited number of those nylon flight suits. They issued them to the commissioned officer who were the pilots, and in a few cases, navigators.

Hi Mike!

Of course I 100% agree with you ! The replica is much better than fresh air in the holster :)

I will watch this .38 maybe they show up somewhere for less money !

Thanks for word Will :) Now I have to put much more stuff for my new manequin but I hope I will find new flying gear soon :)

Regards,

Jerry

p.s. you have to think also about manequin with you P42 camo set:)

Jerry,

You're right, it is pricey but if you can't own a real Victory 38 in your country this is the only way you can fill your WW II USN Victory 38 Rigger modified holster. Maybe one of these replica 38's will show up on the Internet cheaper someday which would be great.

Mike

hi Guys.

I still improve my display:)

Here is my old Avenger pilot display improved by a few small items: whistle from M592 survival back pad kit, M67 survival flashlight, AN6540-S helmet and PAL36 knife with aluminium reinforced sheath.

This kind of reinforcement could avoid split the sheat by very sharp knife edge... even I noticed a article about it in Naval Aviation news...

Knife was belong to the Avenger gunner Francis Dreiger from Air Group-12, I also got his AN6542 helmet which is posted in uniform thread about Naval Fyling Helmet.

Regards,

Jerry

post-369-1307098626.jpg

Closer photo of M567 light and PAL-36 knife

post-369-1307098937.jpg

Here is great photo with this kind of reinforced sheat used by one of the enlisted crewmember.

Best regards,

Jerry

post-369-1307099077.jpg

post-369-1307099117.jpg

Thanks Frank for comment!!!! I have tu put a lot of work there but I try the best I can :))))!

Maybe you did find some new items ???

Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry

Your collection is really impressive!

Franck

• 1 month later...
Mid war...
Hi Jerry....I like your mid war display. Maybe you can help me with a few things? I'm a Marine Corps Emblem collector but was given several things belonging to the late Bernie Hines. I know that he was in the Flying Tigers. The things I received are: A silk flag like the one you have in the display. A bunch of silver India and Berma coins. A very small compass. A booklet of 101 songs you love to sing. Several nice patches(some like the one you have stitched in silver thread)

A 1911 Infantry Drill Regulations (small blue book) and a small gun sight looking thing and a carved cigar box with the letters A C B on the front and a carved blue and red plane on the lid. At this point I have not taken any pictures but will try. Do you think that these things are something collectable. Like I said I collect EGA's and have no clue about this stuff.

Thank you!!

Semper Fi

Murray

Thanks Guys:)

Murray PM has been sent soo we stay in touch!

The best regards,

Jerry

(503) 302-3748

Semper Fi

Murray

Jerry

I can't send a reply or picture today for some reason. I will have my son look at it.

The flag is like yours but has 17 languages with english in the top center.

As soon as I can send pictures I will.

Murray

Jerry_K,

You have an amazing collection and display. My personal collection is mostly army & navy aviation(WW2). This thread just completely blew my mind. I have a small collection compared to you, but it is something. Have several flying helmets I want to sell. Can't post in the for sale forum yet 'cause I am new around here.

-Jack

Jerry K. - WOW!!! :w00t: Your collection is mindblowing! You have so many incredible, hard to find, and rare pieces in amazing condition. Thank you for sharing your collection with everyone here on the forum.

No Problem Murray, I have a time :) dont worry :)

Thanks for reply,

Regards,

Jerry

Jerry

I can't send a reply or picture today for some reason. I will have my son look at it.

The flag is like yours but has 17 languages with english in the top center.

As soon as I can send pictures I will.

Murray

Wow Thanks Guys!!!! I try the best I can, from out side of US it is hard to collect Navy Aviation but it is possible as you can see here :)

Now Im working at my manequin, I bought a lot of nice and rare stuff soo I will put new photos soon, I hope next week.

The best regards,

Jerry

For now, here is my imporved Late war Naval Aviator with : Type Z-2 anti-blackout WW2 contraced flying suit and summer AN6551 jacket over it. AN6519 life vest with MKI MOD 0 flare pockets, two 556B dye markers rigger reinforced by grey material from parachute pack or M592 pack, Western "Shark" Knife, late war survival light and black "US NAVY, Made in USA" whistle with lanyard ring. Helmet is standard nylon tropical helmet with A-14 oxygen mask snaps and Navy flying M1944 goggle and green late war Q.A.S. harrness.

Enjoy,

Jerry

post-369-1311243448.jpg