Darkvalley

Finally:

Pilot's personal equipment from April(Dustin correct me If Im wrong:) 1945

whns.jpg

cuiz.jpg

tilm.jpg

exr8.jpg

u6rs.jpg

Tons of a cool stuff included two day time MKI 1 MOD 0 and night time T49/M75 flare's, late war brown gloves, WW2 shark chaser, rigger reinforced M556b dye marker's, US NAVY penlight and more...

enjoy,

Jerry

Thanks Guys! I tried to get all of these items from Pilot's Personal Equipment for a 5-6 years now... (thanks to Dustin for give all information about it)!

Regards,

Jerry

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi!

Here my new small USMC aviator display. I decided to made some cleaining in my collection and sold some stuff, better or worse, always not enough money to have everything:(

Here is first part which I keep. USMC pilot person from Solomons Islands campaign.

q9uj.jpg

oiky.JPG

His standard web gear included a KA-BAR knife, USMC canteen cover, gear belt, ammo pouch, first aid pouch and compass pouch.

A holster is typical .45 1911 Colt private purchase holster rigger made modified with chest strap and extra ammo pouch.

s9y6.JPG

Here is a little bit more information about his flight gear: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/61639-usnavy-pilot/page-13

Start at post: 255

Enjoy,

Jerry

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks!

As always a new year is a good time of hunting stuff...

I was able to find some new rigger made stuff:

First is a nice tobacco pouch modified to carry ammunition. Pouch is with rubber waterproof material inside and have a nice rigger added belt loop at the back. Zipper is talon. I got it with ammo but life bullet have to stay at seller house.

Pouch was in bigger grouping belong to Frank P. Simrik VF-13 pilot.

zlhw.jpg

wug4t.jpg

Second item is a nice interesting rigger made signal pouch for Very's Shells (from M592 survival kit). Pouch is made from parachute pack canvas with elastic tape (probably also used in parachute pack, too heavy for goggle strap) and CARR snaps.

Pouch hold a 6 Very's Shells, protector and two extra 02 cartridge for life vest (last two loops are a little bit smaller).

I noticed also similar construction pouch only for 6 Very's Shells.

Pouch could be stored into flight pocket or attached to the life vest waist strap.

xurj.jpg

f57c.jpg

6hnr.jpg

l8xw.jpg

I added complete pouch from GM Bell collection. I have to get a Very's Shells from my storage box :)

901l.jpg

Last item is killer rigger/machinist made pilot note pad. Leg strap is made from goggle strap with hanger from parachute bangie cord. The very good point is that note pad came with pencil made by Van Dyke Eberhard Faber pencil company which made pencil stuff since 1930s.

j4wx.jpg

4ofr.jpg

5csv.jpg

zr2a.jpg

I hope You enjoy it.

The best regards,

Jerry

A little interesting side note on your Faber pencil. The Faber firm was located near Nurenburg,Germany.The Faber Castel was used to house the Lawyers and War Correspondents during the War Crimes Trials. I may be confused on this one,but I believe Faber was indicted and tried for producing the gas used in the concentration camps.

BlueBookGuy

A huge Compliments to all the collectors of these wonders - I join now the USMF.

A collectors of the (more or less) the same things, from Italy. My appreciation for the top quality degree in collecting so much professionally. Most of items are really amazing and uncommon items.

will post some pics of my "stuff" - among them, some full-sized pilots.

Regards, Franco.

Hi Franco.

Thanks for comments! Please share with us any of US NAVY or USMC aviation stuff from WW2!

Cheers,

Jerry

BlueBookGuy

hello Jerry, yes hope to post my pilots.

Actually there were 8-9 full sized pilots in my collection from 1944 to 1990, US and not. Do not know if posting all together in one new sub-forum (what one?), or some other way.

To next one!

Franco

Hi!

Now put some photos on forum is hard and limit of size photo is very painfull... I try to put photos by No_outside_hosting but now it is not free...

I have to find another one web tool to upload photos...

Cheers,

Jerry

BlueBookGuy

hello,

yes I'm doing the re-sizing under 150 KB. My WW2 complete mannequinn pilots are:

* one AAF P-38 guy, tropical asset, late 1944, this 100% complete

* one USMC F4U pilot embarked on carrier, springtime 1945, late wartime look (less common as for some items). This less the QAS harness, otherwise complete.

look forwarsd in posting the pics. Regards, Franco.

BlueBookGuy

Will try tomorrow, maybe better if starting a new discussion in the generic "Flight Clothing", something like titled " WW2 AAF and USN life-sized Pilots, from Italy"?

Could regard both of them, here we are in the USN (or USMC) aviator topic.

Franco.

BlueBookGuy

thanks Jerry,

yes best will be a new topic elsewhere. Also I'll exploit this to ask you or other experts whether one of the two dye markers worn by my Corsair guy is correct.

It's a three hollow rivets specimen, similar to the subsequent ones but still the ties are cloth-mede (not nylon). Think this the only point with still some doubts, all the rest is OK. (but you will have an idea by seeing the pics). Definitely I was more keen in AAF or modern USAF and USN aviator's gear.

That F4U pilot was my only WW2 naval guy, so I decided to go toward a late wartime pilot having (a few) more unusual features.

OK thanks again, to next one.

Franco.