US Navy Pilot - Naval Aviator Displays

Darkvalley

Big thanks for comments Mike and Franck...

Hmmm maybe Im in correct time in correct places:)Dont forget that Your collection is 100% better than My and You have more great items!!!

I dont have too much stuff.... Paul (pararaftanr2) have all of Naval Aviation stuff!!!!

Best regards,

Jerry K.

I haunted military, gun and antique shows and put out want Ads and interviewed USN aviation vets for over 17 years and never saw the really rarer items that you have in your collection. Thanks for sharing the pictures with all of us collectors.

Haha it sucks doesn't it. God damit

Darkvalley

Hi Jerry

I'm sorry for the delay.

Strange for the 1° QAS, with AN6513-1 type ! (chest type).

Laurent

post-8744-1273434341.jpg

Q.A.S

post-8744-1273434598.jpg

S-1 USN harness type.

post-8744-1273434653.jpg

Hello Laurent!

Thanks for photos... Your Navy seat pack parachute looks orginal and great but I dont trust this "Standard Parachute" pack... It look like some one from Europe bought lot of this pack and put together some Q.A.S, Q.A.C. with parts... Orginal Q.A.S. pack look like this one :

I have some suppostition who made this pack... P.M. sent...

The best regards,

Jerry K.

post-369-1273660579.jpg

post-369-1273660596.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

My Dad was a gunner in a TBM Avenger during the War. If I can get him to a working computer someday, I think I'll have to show him this page.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Jerry

I just finished my last mannequin. I hope you enjoy! :D

Kindly

Laurent

Hello Laurent! Sorry for delay I was out of home for a weekend...

What a great and almost complete impression!!! Thanks for photo:)!!!

Best regards,

Jerry K.

Hello

My Dad was a gunner in a TBM Avenger during the War. If I can get him to a working computer someday, I think I'll have to show him this page.

Thanks

Mark

Would be great Mark !!!!

Regards,

JK

• 2 months later...

If it hadn't been for Jerry I would have missed this thread entirely. It's awesome. i love it. I only collect WWII Naval aviation gear and i must say my collection is nowhere close to what some of you guys have.

I tend to collect only named stuff that can be researched but it's great to have the whole outfit as well.

No problem Bazelot, nice that You got this thread!!!!

It is not true for sure, Your collection is great ! All kind of named items are much better than normal stuff! I saw Your flight jackets and this is nice stuff !!!!!

any one have a new Naval Aviation items ???

The best regards,

Jerry K.

fantastic display mate! Im drooling over your navy Chute!!!!!

ohhh the Navy parachute's are a hard to find stuff... not see many often good ant true WW2 complete Navy parachute... especially Q.A.S pack.

Regards,

JK

flight helmets 522

Thanks a lot !!!! Goggles are seesalls:)

The best regards,

Jerry K.

Jerry, all I can say is "WOW"! I love this collection. The WWII helmets and goggles are my favorites. I have a few that I will post when I have time, but nothing like this. I hope you don't mind. I copied a few pics to my "Virtual Collection". Thanks again.

Phil. :w00t:

Thanks Phill but this collection is not good... I see better one's for sure:))) Paul know about what Im talking :)

Yes... all kind of photos are welcome! Soo feel free to put it here:))))!!!!

Of course You can copied it... I have also a lot of photos from any Naval aviation collection on my hard disk:)

The best regards and thanks for input,

Jerry K.

Lightning Ace

Jerry,

have you ever seen this US Navy 38 pouch that I had for my S&W Victory 38?post-9389-1284062129.jpgpost-9389-1284062156.jpg

Mike

Thanks Phill but this collection is not good... I see better one's for sure:))) Paul know about what Im talking :)

Yes... all kind of photos are welcome! Soo feel free to put it here:))))!!!!

Of course You can copied it... I have also a lot of photos from any Naval aviation collection on my hard disk:)

The best regards and thanks for input,

Jerry K.

Thanks Mike for input! Yes Im familiar with this type and have one im my collection (on display photos)

nice addition to Naval Aviator pistol ring:)

One time I noticed on ebay this pouch with rigger added extra 6 loops for more ammo :)

the best regards,

Jerry K.

Here is a new addition to my collection...

Re-breather unit with Oxygen mask Type C and accesories... all came with orginal box: re-breather unit, oxygen mask, extra connection hose( not correct attached to the unit), flight helmet attach accecories, shoulder strap and three extra canister:) I was looking for complete set for a while.

enjoy,

Jerry K.

post-369-1284126323.jpg

canisters

post-369-1284126502.jpg

manual, flight helmet accesories and kit at my display.

the best regards,

Jerry K.

post-369-1284126632.jpg

post-369-1284126646.jpg

I can still kick myself for selling my US Navy marked Victory 38 several years ago but there still has to be more out there and I'm willing to pay the price to get one. Thanks for verifying my USN 38 pouch and I figured you probably had one but because the Navy didn't date gear it's hard to authenticate naval aviation gear and the only thing a collector can do is have pictures of naval aviators in WW II wearing the gear or depend on other collectors who got items from WW II veterans that only served in naval aviation in WW II and brought the items home.

I'm still looking for you a WW II USN pilots Penlight like I sold a few months back.

Mike

Thanks Mike for input! Yes Im familiar with this type and have one im my collection (on display photos)

nice addition to Naval Aviator pistol ring:)

One time I noticed on ebay this pouch with rigger added extra 6 loops for more ammo :)

the best regards,

Jerry K.

Hi Mike!

Yes the sold the .38 with Navy stamp was a big mistake :) But I can only dream about it here where I live :((( that is

Good point about Naval stuff.. sometimes it is hard to say about items: WW2 or post war but also a good source of information are Naval Aviation News from WW2... they shows a lot of new items used in WW2 by Naval Aviator like: penlight and some of survival stuff...

Btw. I never seen the photo with this .38 pouch in use... only one from 50's but sure sure it is WW2 item!

I will be very grateful about USN penlight:)!!!

The best regards,

Jerry K.

Jerry

I just looked in my record book of items sold and I see I sold the USN marked Victory 38 Pistol along with the WW II USN marked shoulder holster, together, for $585 plus shipping and that was probably 10 plus years ago years ago and I had only paid $115 for the Victory 38 pistol several years before that because they weren't expensive back then when my friend found it and bought it for me at a gun show in Oregon. I know the victory 38's probably going to cost me 5 or 6 hundred dollars now if I can even find one.

Mike

Hi Mike!

Yes the sold the .38 with Navy stamp was a big mistake :) But I can only dream about it here where I live :((( that is

Good point about Naval stuff.. sometimes it is hard to say about items: WW2 or post war but also a good source of information are Naval Aviation News from WW2... they shows a lot of new items used in WW2 by Naval Aviator like: penlight and some of survival stuff...

Btw. I never seen the photo with this .38 pouch in use... only one from 50's but sure sure it is WW2 item!

I will be very grateful about USN penlight:)!!!

The best regards,

Jerry K.

Good morning Mike.

wow 585 is not bad for .38 Navy marked... even Im dont thinking about 115:) It was a great time to collect militaria!!!

now It is very hard to find this revolver even in USA I guess...

maybe it is possible to find damaged revolver only to put in holster for display:)

the 5-6 hundred $$$ is totaly not for my pocket now :((((

Thanks for good input to the thread,

Regards,

Jerry K.