US Navy Pilot - Naval Aviator Displays

Darkvalley

Lightning Ace

Really nice and super hard to find Darkvalley!!!!!!!!!!!! Here's a picture of my WW II USN Gunner mannequin.

Thanks

Mike

post-9389-1263410402.jpg

Lightning Ace

Here's a closeup picture of my USS Yorktown Parachute Seat Pack with the VF-5 stencils on 3 sides, that's displayed on my WW II U.S. Navy Fighter Pilot mannequin.

post-9389-1263576905.jpg

Hi Alls, hello Franck

Very nice pics.... :w00t:

I will try to present the model which give me very hard to achieve. USMC pilot's

post-8744-1263592564.jpg

Lightning Ace

Great Picture Frank and a rare setup. I've had 4 MK 1 USN Bib Mae Wests over the years but the 2 I wanted belonged to local collector friends of mine and one was mint in its original marked box and the other one had the Tillamock, Oregon Naval Air Station stenciled on it which was a USN Blimp Squadron base.

Thanks

Mike

I would like to congratulate all of you for exceptionally fine WWII Naval Aviation material--expecially the rarity of the complete mannequins. While I am a general collector of WWII US material, I have been rather fortunate to acquire a rather extensive collection of Naval Aviation material and named uniforms. I have two complete flight suit mannequins--one a two piece leather that belonged to a Navy Ensign who was a pilot of a two engine bomber assigned in the Alleution Islands, and one a one-piece leather heated flight suit--both with parachute. I find the parachutes most difficult to find, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I will post photos as soon as I master the process.

When I am able to post photos, if you have any interest in Naval Aviation uniforms (I have many) just let me know.

Keep up the great work guys! Jack Angolia

Charlie Flick

Darkvalley:

A very nice M-592 kit.

Can you please describe the sheath knife? Is that a 5 inch blade Marbles?

Thanks.

Charlie

Charlie Flick

An old photo of some of my Naval Aviator helmets and goggles.

Hmmm, looks like I need to do a little bit of dusting around there.... :think:

Regards,

Charlie

flighthelmets001.jpg

Thanks for photos Darkvalley. I love the m592 kit and MKI goggle!!!

Here is my one ... with orginal box, shipping box and bill from shop....

Can You put here photos of you Q.A.S. parachute pack???

Best regards,

Jerry K.

post-369-1264675039.jpg

post-369-1264675068.jpg

more photos :)!

p.s. Nice helmets Charlie !!!!

post-369-1264675137.jpg

post-369-1264675215.jpg

post-369-1264675224.jpg

An rare Blue"Mae-West- type B-4 (USN contract 1943).

On the photo (pilot's of TBM Avenger squadron VT-2 ), One can see in this picture that almost all wear a blue vest, except the first top left wearing a yellow B-4. It may be noted, even if this photo is in black and white, the difference.

post-8744-1264713882.jpg

VT-2

post-8744-1264714118.jpg

Geeze, I am unable to be here at USMF for a while and you guys from Europe go and grab up all the USN stuff. GREAT displays!!

Some of you, like Jerry, have seen my stuff before but I don't care. I'm going to make you suffer through it again! :w00t:

Bruce, my early war USN pilot. Note the photo is old and the late war helmet has since been replaced.

post-81-1264947864.jpg

An earlier still photo of Bruce, Ralph my AAF bomber crewman and Josephine, my Army nurse.

post-81-1264948270.jpg

USN headgear. The training helmet with headset and blue IFR training glasses are all pretty hard to find.

post-81-1264948571.jpg

More headgear.

post-81-1264948932.jpg

Misc USN and AAF survival gear.

post-81-1264949169.jpg

Poor photo of my M-592. Still missing a lot of stuff.

post-81-1264949469.jpg