?? PRC-25 Radio w/ "USMC" on Mfg Tag ??

summersdogs

Hello to all,

Husband picked up a PRC-25 radio this weekend (oh, great - something else to dust).

We've had a few in the past, but I can't recall seeing a branch of service stamped on the

manufacturer's tag itself and am wondering if this is unique in any way.

Thank you for any responses,

Lynne

post-1405-1260813659.jpg

What was then called "Marine Corps Supply Center, Albany" rebuilt nonaviation equipment, so this tag is something that would have placed on this radio after a rebuild or repair.

Your quick reply is greatly appreciated ! I just opened the cover to see what the internals look like.

There's a sticker on module A25 that reads "Modified For Use With AN/PCC-1 Terminal Set

Telegraph-Telephone". The complete modification included replacement of modules A20, Z1,

replacement of filter FL-3, and some other stuff equally unintelligible to me. :think:

This forum and Google are my friends.

Lynne

Interesting, Summersdogs. While cleaning up an EE-8-B Field Phone I had bought years ago, I learned that there were Marine Corps-specific contracts for these as well; at the lower right in the photo below, there is an "NOM" contract number visible, which always indicates M.C. issue.

post-3226-1260846274.jpg

This phone still works, even though it's seen a lot of use...wish it could talk! ;)

Thanks much for your post, flage guy. Great signature, by the way.

While I was trying to read the "fine print" on this radio's tag, I'm now puzzled by another thing. :think:

Please check out this photo. The wording appears to be "Photo Repro (illegible)" or perhaps

"Proto Repro...". Any thoughts on what this means. I'm thinking it might refer to the original

specification or contract number ??

Lynne

post-1405-1260887812.jpg

Lynne:

It looks like it might be a maker's name with abbreviated words, or possibly a contract number.

Sorry- can't see it well enough to make much more of it than that. :crying: