BASTOGNE 2009

Laurent M.

Hi everybody,I just get back from the Bastogne area where were organized this weekend a lot of camps, ceremonies,... It was cold, very cold and we had a little snow, not as much as in 1944 but it was enough. :thumbsup:

The few first pictures are from the village of REMAGNE where a group of GIs of the 87th infantry division (Golden Acorn) were stationned. A great group of reenactors and some very nice pictures as the village is nearly the same as 65 years ago.

post-8590-1260741303.jpg

Nice pictures, Laurent

Seems we missed each other...

Hello Johan, I didn't know you were also going there today... :ermm:

Do you have other pictures? What do you think of a new topic in the vehicles part of the forum, I think some vehicles today really deserve a picture here : M26 Pacific, Weasels, M8 armored cars,...I even saw a dodge of the very first series :thumbsup:

Johan Willaert
What do you think of a new topic in the vehicles part of the forum, I think some vehicles today really deserve a picture here : M26 Pacific, Weasels, M8 armored cars,...I even saw a dodge of the very first series :thumbsup:

Hi Laurent,

Go ahead and post some... I've already started a topic called: Bastogne 2009: The vehicles

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=61626

And I've transfered one of your pictures to start it...

Johan

Past weekend the ceremonies for the Battle of the Bulge 65th anniversary took place in Bastogne, Belgium. Yours truly was able to document some of the extended activities after hooking up with a group of WW.2 re-enactors called "Band of Brothers". Their inspiration came from the movie showing 506PIR/Easy company during WW.2. Easy company participated in the heavy fighting around Bastogne. The men were out in the field for 21 days battling 4ft snow, artic temps and raging Waffen SS opponents. To recall veteran Carl W. Dalke : "Easy co was living like animals during these 21 days. Intense cold and short of supplies made the battle a real hell but they made it."

Carl passing on memories to the BOB re-enactors.

Photo-T8FQTUXO-D.jpg

Photo-7BARJHQE-D.jpg

And passing on memories after the premiere of the movie "Bedford, the town they left behind". Its a documentary by Joe Fab.

http://www.bedfordthemovie.com/

Photo-RIGF6WCP-D.jpg

Joe Fab requesting viewers for feedback after the movie.

Photo-4CRPEKJD-D.jpg

Some additional shots from the weekend.

Photo-KRZ8SPSB-D.jpg

Photo-ABGSLJEQ-D.jpg

Photo-SQ7E6YG3-D.jpg

Photo-LN67HOQW-D.jpg

Photo-WNJJAC8P-D.jpg

Photo-LIHO8WVB-D.jpg

More photos are visible at http://www.myalbum.com/Album=YJVZ8UHB

Cheers, André

BA091210.jpg

BA091212.jpg

Picking up some negatives shot with my 1945-date Speed Graphic from the shop later today...

so more pictures later

Hi Johan,

That's Marco H. from the VHM. His 'Combat Graphic' is actually a cleverly disguised digital SLR camera. It looked pretty convincing.

Johan Willaert
Hi Johan,

That's Marco H. from the VHM. His 'Combat Graphic' is actually a cleverly disguised digital SLR camera. It looked pretty convincing.

OK, Thanks