Kellogg's Pep Cereal Pins 1943

Homefrontguy

The Kellogg's Ceral company placed 36 small pinback buttons each featuring a WWII squadron insignia in boxes of their Pep cereal in 1943. I have assembled about 24 of the 36, but I am hoping someone here has a checklist of these small and relatively affordable homefront pins. It would make my searching so much easier if I knew what I was missing.

Thanks,

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
The Kellogg's Ceral company placed 36 small pinback buttons each featuring a WWII squadron insignia in boxes of their Pep cereal in 1943. I have assembled about 24 of the 36, but I am hoping someone here has a checklist of these small and relatively affordable homefront pins. It would make my searching so much easier if I knew what I was missing.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim, Here's a list of the pep pins. This came from a book "Illustrated Radio Premium catalog and price guide" Copyright 1989 by Tom Tumbusch.

The book also shows some of the pins.

Regards, Texasradio

post-424-1261849174.jpg

Thanks,

Jim

I'd love to see some photos of these!

Here are some of the pins. I used this pic as these are duplicates are labeled. On the back of each pin is the word Pep and they are less than an inch aprox. 3/4 inch. The airplane pins are an inch and are a bit more scarce.

post-1908-1262180413.jpg

• 1 month later...
Johnny Signor
Here are some of the pins. I used this pic as these are duplicates are labeled. On the back of each pin is the word Pep and they are less than an inch aprox. 3/4 inch. The airplane pins are an inch and are a bit more scarce.

post-1908-1262180413.jpg

The pin in the center with Bird/crossed missles is the USN VBF-12 insignia

Johnny

[email protected]

Lightning Ace

Here's the way I have my Kellogg's Pep squadron Pins and cereal squadron patches displayed in a picture frame in my collection that I'm in the process of liquidating.

Mike

Homefrontguy
Here's the way I have my Kellogg's Pep squadron Pins and cereal squadron patches displayed in a picture frame in my collection that I'm in the process of liquidating.

Mike

Can you post the pic again please. Thanks. Id love to see it.

Richard Kimmel

Thanks,

Jim

Geez, I remember these from when I was a kid back in the 40's. I had a considerable number of these and the comic characters as well. Somewhere along the way they got tossed. I remember also having the Pep benne that some were attached to. My mother, bless here soul, had a habit of cleaning house from time to time, especially after I was married and moved out.

Richard

Geez, I remember these from when I was a kid back in the 40's. I had a considerable number of these and the comic characters as well. Somewhere along the way they got tossed. I remember also having the Pep benne that some were attached to. My mother, bless here soul, had a habit of cleaning house from time to time, especially after I was married and moved out.

Richard

Richard

I have my dad's beenie with the pep cartoon pins in it, Popeye and others. He graduated in 45 and off to the Army. I have his hat and old stuffed animal. Very cool pins.

Bob

Lightning Ace

Hopefully my picture will come through this time.

Mike

Mike

post-9389-1268026316.jpg

• 2 months later...
Thunderbolt

This brings back memories for me. Back in the 40s all of my friends and I collected and traded these. The cereal was terrible (instant sludge when you added milk) but we choked it down to get those buttons.

bayonetman

Sorry about the photo quality - these are some that I sold on eBay a couple of years ago.

PEPPINS3.jpg

Today I received my lot of 21 of the 36 possible PEP Squadron pins, in a great exchange with arclight, and am very glad to have a start on the set; Thanks for all who contributed to this thread.

post-3976-1274805538.jpg

• 2 years later...