BRIT MADE 1ST CAV ETO JACKET

JGC

I recently purchased this British made ETO jacket from a friend that picked it up at an estate sale in Decatur Illinois. Its named to a Capt Ernest Kayhs, who passed away some time ago. Its an interesting jacket in that the ribbon bar indicates service in both the ETO and the Pacific. My friend told me that there were some 82nd airborne patches and an 82nd HQ oval also at the auction. I'm assuming he spent most of his time in the ETO and was transfered to the Pacific at the end of the war. Does anyone have any 82nd AB rosters that might have him listed, I've just started my research and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jon

post-96964-0-42956100-1424484146.jpg

post-96964-0-23926700-1424484155.jpg

post-96964-0-05243500-1424484156.jpg

Nice Brit made jacket. Odd that no 1st Cav. patch is on the shoulder. Dont know how he could have received the Pacific theater ribbon either, but there it is. The 1st Cav. was in southern Luzon (after a year of tough fighting during the liberation of the Philippines) for preparations for the invasion of Japan at wars end and then went direct to Japan after that.

CB

I have to agree with you I found it strange that there was no patch on the shoulder. I checked to see if it had been removed but there was no sign of any patch having been on the jacket. Would anyone know what the ribbon is on the lower bar far left? I also noticed that there were no overseas bars on the jacket, possibly it was a work in progress. Thanks Jon

I just noticed that too. It is that multinational occupation (or something like that) ribbon that was worn after ww1. It doesnt make sense here either. He would be too old to still be a captain in 1945?

CB