t patt (bravo 2 zero)

celta

One more !

ch53-024.jpg

Urban Warrior '99, 12 March 1999 — Members of the U.S. Marine Corps 15th Heavy Guns Platoon unload from a CH-53 Super Stallion helicopter. The marines are members of the CBIRF RECON Team. Urban Warrior is an experimental effort to prepare U.S. Marines for the urban battle spaces of the 21st century. It focuses on the development of new operational concepts, tactics, techniques, procedures and technologies.

U.S. Navy photo by PH3 Eric Logsdon FLTIMAGCOMPAC

find on : http://www.aircav.com/dodphoto/dod99/ch53-024.html

And here's the story of an experimental combat skateboard...true or false ?

Urban Combat Skateboard

Happened across this pic while brows­ing. I can’t direct link to the cap­tioned ver­sion, but here’s the super-​​sized ver­sion at the Defense Visual Information Center.

skateboard_dt.jpg

Here’s the cap­tion:

LCPL Chad Codwell, from Baltimore, Maryland, with Charlie Company 1st Battalion 5th Marines, car­ries an exper­i­men­tal urban com­bat skate­board which is being used for maneu­ver­ing inside build­ings in order to detect trip­wires and sniper fire. This mis­sion is in direct sup­port of Urban Warrior ’99.

An. Urban. Combat. Skateboard.

Laugh, if you want, but it’s the only vehi­cle from Future Combat Systems to be fielded so far.I also see it was “exper­i­men­tal”. This must have been in Darpa’s lean years. Was this was before the mil­i­tary start­ing buy­ing com­mer­cial parts? Back when the Pentagon shopped at rum­mage sales?

And I’m fuzzy on this whole “detect­ing trip wires and snipers” tac­tic, here. I mean, you’d detect them, all right. I’m no mil­i­tary strate­gist, but you don’t need a skate­board to set off booby-​​traps and get shot at.

I can see it now: “Lance Corporal, go see if that hall­way is rigged to blow. Yeah. Just roll down it. Fast. Ever see ‘Behind Enemy Lines’? Outrun the explo­sions like Owen Wilson did in the movie. And draw any sniper fire, while you’re at it…“

The skate­board doesn’t appear to be armored, though, and I can already hear Rummy going on about how you go to war with the skate­board you have, not the skate­board you want. Which is too bad, because there are some real bitchin’ decks out there this year. (The board this Marine has is not one of them.) Ahem. Seriously now. To be hon­est, if that photo and cap­tion hadn’t come from the DoD I’d think it was a joke. I almost should go check Snopes on this one. Does any­one have any info on the urban com­bat skate­board? I looked around a bit but got bup­kes.

–cross-​​posted by Murdoc

:pinch: :blink: :think: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
vintageproductions

If you guys want cut through a lot of the BS and get info from a main source, LEATHERNECK72, a member on this Forum was involved with the test at Camp Pendelton. I believe Brian also helped write one of the reviews on the tests.

• 1 year later...

Here's my mannequin with it's complete T-pattern set (PASGT helmet cover, PASGT vest cover, jacket and trousers). Everything in this set is original, only the NVG googles are a plastic reproduction (for display)

prasen12.jpg

You can see details of the different parts here :

https://picasaweb.google.com/11567648543495...riorInOaklandCA

I bought this set from a member of this forum who participated to the exercise (leader of the demonstration platoon for the USMC - B co, 1st Btn, 5th Marines). I don't know if I can give his name, so I don't. But if he sees this post, I thank him again and hope he'll be able to send me pictures of the exercise in Oakland and pictures of him in this uniform. :rolleyes:

I finaly found a MILES system to complete my mannequin (I've no way to check if it's functional, but in my opinion it isn't). Just miss me some pouches, belt, black boots and a reproduction of the rifle to have a complete display, and I also have to buy another smaller mannequin because this one is too big for the small size uniform I have in my collection. :ermm: :thumbsup:

And here...

https://picasaweb.google.com/11567648543495...MCEXPERIMENTAL#

... you can see some original pictures of the event, others urban camouflages (like for example the rare reversible urban / woodland set of Philip !) and some advices to avoid make a mistake in buying a well done reproduction of the T-pattern for an original...

Hope you appreciate it !

P-E

Looks great! As a matter of interest, are the plastic / repro night-vision goggles you describe commercially available? If so, can you post the supplier's details? Thanks.

About the dummy NVG, I never paid them I made an exchange with someone that had them. So I can't tell you where you can find them. But they were commercially available during some time. I know it exists two kit : one already built kit, and another kit you've to buy by yourself. It exists both PVS-7 and PVS 14 dummy NVG googles.

But I've no idea of the price and I don't know where you can find them, sorry. If there're airsoft guys here, maybe they can tell you more than me. If I remember correctly, these brand new reproduction cost approximately $60. I think it's expensive but I admit it's realy nice on a display and a cheap alternative to the real one...Usualy I hate reproduction / commercial items, but this time I made an exception because real one are too expensive, too rare... :pinch:

About the dummy NVG, I never paid them I made an exchange with someone that had them. So I can't tell you where you can find them. But they were commercially available during some time. I know it exists two kit : one already built kit, and another kit you've to buy by yourself. It exists both PVS-7 and PVS 14 dummy NVG googles.

But I've no idea of the price and I don't know where you can find them, sorry. If there're airsoft guys here, maybe they can tell you more than me. If I remember correctly, these brand new reproduction cost approximately $60. I think it's expensive but I admit it's realy nice on a display and a cheap alternative to the real one...Usualy I hate reproduction / commercial items, but this time I made an exception because real one are too expensive, too rare... :pinch:

OK...I'll investigate that. Thank you! :thumbsup:

ok, I hope you'll find one ! If you find a source for them, please post informations you have here because it can also interess other people (including me ! :thumbsup: ) I already checked on ebay, and currently now there's none of them. Previously (during the last months), there were a few.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a set of the USMC T Pattern Camo BDU's if anyone has been looking to buy? The jacket is Med Long with authentic US MARINES nametape as well as labels from STEPS INC. The pants are XL Long with authenic gas flap behind button fly, as well as labels from Goodwill Industries of Florida. Both jacket and pants are authentic; grey buttons, gas flap on pants button fly, authentic color stitching, Nylon/Cotton material, US MARINES nametape in urban color.

I am looking to sell ONLY as a set; $800.00

Thanks

DCH

[email protected]

California.

img_1316.jpg

img_1317.jpg

img_1318.jpg

img_1319.jpg

img_1320.jpg

Here's a very well done and interesting description of the laser training system that come from this website : http://factoidz.com/the-miles-harness-the-...polk-louisiana/

"For practical purposes, though, we’ll call it a heavy laser tag game played by thousands of soldiers at a time. The MILES harness consists of a helmet or head harness, a chest harness with attached battery pack, and a rifle-mounted laser. All told, it weighs somewhere around 4-6 pounds.,[...]

Black plastic sensors around the head, on the shoulders, chest, and back are all designed to respond to the firing of a rifle (which is designed to activate the laser emitter attached to the rifle while firing blank rounds). Ideally, the rifle emits a laser signal when pointed and fired at the enemy to simulate the normal firing of a rifle. If an individual is "hit," then their MILES harness emits a powerfully loud and high-pitched whining noise indicating a kill. Once this happens, the O/C (Observer/Controller) in charge of the lane pulls out the fallen soldier’s "condition card" and instructs other soldiers on the soldier’s status. A condition card contains certain medical injuries and is played when the MILES harness beeps. Each card is different. One I had indicated a knife or stab wound; another described multiple gunshot and chest wounds. Some condition cards allow you to talk; others render you immobile, unconscious, in shock, or dead.

The entire point of the MILES harness is to teach soldiers to react to enemy contact and perform their basic tasks and drills (evacuating casualties, medical treatment, reacting to contact, and so forth) under heavy stress and mild to heavy exhaustion."

Now, still miss me some items :

- a full and small size mannequin

- a pair of black boots

- the od green belt

- some od green pouches

- the laser system for the rifle (I though it was included in the auction, but apparently seller didn't put it in the package...so I've contacted him and will try to find an arrangment with him to have it too.

- the "God key" (small green key that went with the MILES to deactivate the noise) : "This key is usually inserted into the laser system vest and is used to reset it after it has registered a "kill". It is called a "GOD key" since it will bring the "dead" back to life. Once the soldier has been "shot" his weapon incapable of firing and an audible alarm of his laser harness starts beeping loudly until it is turned off with a yellow key or the system reset with the green key."

captur51.jpg

(picture and description of these green keys from this auction : http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/110794206539?s...84.m1438.l2649)

If you have one of these items that miss me for trade or sale : contact me !

• 7 months later...

Little update of my mannequin. I just found a mannequin that has the correct size for the uniform I've (that's small size). Sadly, still miss me a pair of black combatshoes and one good replica of the M16A3 (I've the laser of the MILES set that goes on the M16). Also miss me some "God keys" (one green and one yellow for the MILES set) and one red plug for the M16. Sadly, I'm student and my finances are very limited... :crying:

It just took me many time and some money to collect the different pieces. Everything you can see here is 100% original guarantee ! This uniform (jacket, pants, helmet cover and the knees and elbows pads - the other items comes from other sellers) was worn by a platoon commander with B Co, 1st BN, 5th Marines during the exercise "Operation Urban Warrior" in Oakland in March 1999. I don't know if I can give his name, but he's a member of this forum. I want to thank him again for this set I keep preciously in my collection. If he has a few pictures of him during the event that he can add / share in this topic, that would be very appreciated by the whole community of collectors, and in particular me. :thumbsup:

I'm realy proud of my mannequin and it has a special place in collection. I tried to present it as best as possible...hope you appreciate it !

usmc_u10.jpg

Leatherneck72

The set looks a lot better on your mannequin then it did in my footlocker! From time to time you will see the blouse, or maybe a set with the trousers. However, the helmet cover, issue elbow pads, and flak cover are very hard to come by. I was only issued one set because I went and asked for them specifically. I will try to forward/post some pictures soon, I just found a bunch that you will like.

Brian

bravo_2_zero

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-US-MARINE-U...=item4abb076aad

Faked t-patt, some African nation had some done a few years back in the urban and a desert camo colorisation of the t-patt shapes.

This jacket has been doing the rounds for a while now, it's been sold twice and this guy kippo has added some name tapes to jazz it up.

21643c72827ec34f3ca06539604b1f2e.jpg

Things to note on this

Twill fabric

Name tape (. Have never ever seen any fitted ever )

Desert tapes , they were urban color , some were magic marked over by foreign forces to say NL marines apposed to US marines. I believe the US MARINES were factory fitted.