ACU/PASGT Helmet

Sabrejet

Several weeks ago I instigated a thread on the PASGT helmet during the course of which I asked if the US Army had ever undertaken production of an ACU pattern camo cover for it. Apparently not. However, thanks to help of fellow forum-member George I now have such a cover, as can be seen from the accompanying photos. This is a commercially produced item by a US company called Brigade QM. It's made to the same spec as the govt. covers and gives the Kevlar helmet a whole new look. Thanks George!

post-8022-1260613969.jpg post-8022-1260613983.jpg

Ian :thumbsup:

I didn't see your thread, but yes, they were made. When the guard was being issued ACU's, but weren't going to get the ACH's until deployed, these covers could be found at the PX. While I was at Ft. Hood going through mob, I saw a lot of active duty guys wearing these on their K-pots. Was rather confusing at first. You will notice that there are also ACU chin straps, and I believe that the crown harness could also be had in ACU. Here are some pictures of my Kevlar. I tried selling it for $95 and couldn't get a nibble, so I decided to keep it as my transition helmet.

s4b89g.jpg

333bn95.jpg

P.S. I'm also very proud of how well the ACU pattern blends in nicely with my carpet, that could come in very handy some day!

Ian, looks like of the ACU cover fit your helmet perfectly, did you get it wet to fit that well? George

Nope...it was a dry fit George! Medium/Large obviously has a "one size fits all" thing about it.

Ian :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd chime in. I'm an Army ROTC Cadet (we're normally the last people in the pipeline to get issued gear) we're in the process of re-covering and re-webbing our PASGT helmets. About 20 helmets worth of suspension/covers came in and we're getting the rest at the beginning of the semester. When I get mine after winter break I'll be sure to check out the tags on them to see if they're USGI or something made by a private manufacturer.

FYI...the new covers are ACU pattern (UCP?) and the suspension is just like that for the Advanced Combat Helmets.

-Tim

Several weeks ago I instigated a thread on the PASGT helmet during the course of which I asked if the US Army had ever undertaken production of an ACU pattern camo cover for it. Apparently not.

Not so quick there....

Today, I was rumaging through one of my top secret supply points and look what should appear..

2nvm9t.jpg

There were about a dozen covers, all were BQM with civilian tags in them, but look what was hanging on the very last slot.