WW1 Navy Corpsman to Rear Admiral Group

Belleauwood

teufelhunde.ret
IMG_2913.jpg

This one was the big surprise - Same ribbon bar rack in his photo!1

There's more - Off to work now - Hope you approve

DJ

FANTASTIC! Dennis, your perseverance is unsurpassed! And that rack most defiantly one of a kind! s/f Darrell

Corpsmancollector

Dennis,

This really is just the height of Marine Corps/Navy groupings. What is more incredible is your perseverance and dedication to preserve such a large amount of amazing history. Just stunning!

Just a second, I have to go pick up the socks you knocked off of me! ;) Dennis, your displays and careful attention to history always amaze me but, today's posts go over the top! Thank you for sharing this beautiful display!

What can I say that hasn't already been said, other than the ribbon rack with the mini fourragere is awesome.

Congratulations on the pick-up.

Beautiful DJ, just smashing! I know how much work you've put into getting this group back together. Congratulations and thanks for sharing it with the rest of us. Very motivational.

• 3 weeks later...
I love the manner with you displayed this complete set. It is a shame that the family did not want to hold on to this stuff.

Paul,

The family did not know the uniforms existed. They were found in an old bag during the estate sale. When the son was contacted by me several years ago, he was genuinely delighted that someone was interested in his father. We have become good friends and speak often. I have done extensive research on his dad and am in the process of constructing binders with high resolution 8x10 images and copies of all original documents and paperwork, photos, etc. for all family members. All typed research is printed on parchment paper with his entire campaign history provided in proper order. I have identified in these binders, all artifacts for the family that would have remained unknown to most, if not all of the family members. Each family will now have all the military history of their father/grandfather instead of having part and pieces that in all probability, would have never been reassembled or seen. This effort has been time consuming and at times expensive. but an effort that I have really enjoyed. The binders will be in family's hands for Christmas. They are satisfied that this repository will preserve a portion of their family history.

All the Best, Dennis

teufelhunde.ret
Paul,

The family did not know the uniforms existed. They were found in an old bag during the estate sale. When the son was contacted by me several years ago, he was genuinely delighted that someone was interested in his father. We have become good friends and speak often. I have done extensive research on his dad and am in the process of constructing binders with high resolution 8x10 images and copies of all original documents and paperwork, photos, etc. for all family members. All typed research is printed on parchment paper with his entire campaign history provided in proper order. I have identified in these binders, all artifacts for the family that would have remained unknown to most, if not all of the family members. Each family will now have all the military history of their father/grandfather instead of having part and pieces that in all probability, would have never been reassembled or seen. This effort has been time consuming and at times expensive. but an effort that I have really enjoyed. The binders will be in family's hands for Christmas. They are satisfied that this repository will preserve a portion of their family history.

All the Best, Dennis

"Bravo Zulu" :salute:

• 4 weeks later...
"Bravo Zulu" :salute:

I thought that I would post the response that I received from the son of Nathaniel Hall Lufkin, MD USMC / USN.

This is what makes what I do worth while.

Dennis

Dear Dennis,

Late this afternoon your Fed Ex package arrived, almost immediately after two grandsons arrived to take us out to dinner. It wasn't until after dinner that I had a chance to open it and see your magnum opus within. Both of the young men were mightily impressed by their great grandfather's accomplishments, and by your tremendous research effort in bringing together all that history. After they left I finally had a chance to sit back and carefully go through it myself, and I stand in awe of all you have accomplished. To think that we asked all the local historical societies whether they were interested in those uniforms, and they didn't want them! That's how they wound up in bags in the basement, and the rest is history - both figuratively and literally. You have turned one man's junk into another man's treasure, and in the process you have done our family an immense service. You have no idea how much pleasure it gives me to know that Dad's story and artifacts will have a life of their own, and will probably last long beyond my own time. The binder is elegant, and the contents are priceless. Many, many thanks, and Merry Christmas to you and your family. What a gift you have given us!!

Murray

I'm honored - DJ

Amazing grouping you've got there! The way you have it displayed is superb, an excellent tribute to his service. Congrats :thumbsup:

Regards,

Brian