? on late WW2 belts.

kphfun

I was talking to a guy today who swears that the US used brass keepers on some pistol/ammo belts late 1944 into 1945. Would this be true? :unsure:

Cheers, Kevin

I was talking to a guy today who swears that the US used brass keepers on some pistol/ammo belts late 1944 into 1945. Would this be true? :unsure:

Cheers, Kevin

As far as I know they only used brass keepers were on the OD#3 pistol belts. Keepers were flat.

The OD#7 belts have either ribbed or flat keepers made of steel alloy - not brass.

Post WWII they used bronze or brass again for the ribbed keepers on the M-1936 pistol belts.

I hope have not mixed up something

I think I've seen later-War Belts which did have brass components- I'll have to go back to the pile and look things over. There was a good deal of complaint about the cast alloy parts' tendency toward breakage as the War progressed.

My bad you guys :pinch: , I meant Fasteners... :rolleyes:

Anyway, just for info, I have a late OD7 with alloy buckle and brass keepers. Casuallly it was a Navy issue.

From mid 1942 until 1945 buckles were made from light alloy with the only exception of some USMC ctg belt and British Made stuff. Obviously it's possible a few brass buckle would have been found in the bottom of the bin and used.

post-67-1260345056.jpg