My dream jacket, 106th cav

Rattle

It finally has arrived.

My collector and historian dream. :D

Ike jacket from T/5 Francis B. Clark.

Clark was in F company, 106th cavalry squadron, 106th cavalry group.

The 106th was supporting the 179th RCT of the 45th Infantry Division during it's drive through bavaria in April 1945. On 28th April, the 179th IR, together with parts of the 106th seized or liberated my hometown, 25 miles north of Munich.

Since i collect militaria and became interested in the history of my town, i wished and was hoping that one time i will be able to call a grouping like this my own.

dsc08489hg8.jpg

Stephan

Beautiful patch itself.

No patch was authorized for the 106th, so they have made patches, locally from the design of their unit crest.

This one was made in France.

dsc08500cr3.jpg

The ribbonbar and his medals.

Now this is my dilemma.

My first thought was i will reassemble the ribbons to the correct order, disassemble the double ones and the medals from the uniform and put them into an extra display.

I took a look at the back of the bars and it was clear that it would be very difficult to reassemble them because the ribbons are pressed directly to the bar. Then i started thinking this is the way Mr. Clark assembled his Ike in the end, so i should leave it the way it is.

Any thoughts ??

Here is the pic.

dsc08505au6.jpg

Regards,

Stephan

Ricardo,

this was a ebay buy. think.gif

Stephan

Great catch!! thumbsup.gif

Ref. the ribbons ... notices that ribbons of bronze star is with different colors ... I would leave those that are more combining.

In my opinion, removes of BS + WW2 Victory (the middle) and looks for to use the same holes to place ribbons from above (WW2 Victory + American Campaign).

Best regards,

Ricardo.

Ask for his IDPF or the fill in the 180 form. Check out what he earned and place the ribbons in the correct order.

Nice looking jacket with a patch seldom seen thumbsup.gif

Sent for his Sf180 a few weeks ago :D

I have also the 106th cav history where he is mentioned and his Bronze Star.

I also have a pic of his company in Austria right after the war.

I can't regroup the ribbons, only with great difficulties and the threat of destroying them. cause these are mounted in a way on the bars where i'm not able to pull them of.

Regards,

Stephan

Thanks guys.

I'm satisfied now. No need to have sleepless nights, trying to find a officers jacket. :D

If one comes along....good , if not...who cares.

Finally i've took Ricardos advice and removed the middle bar with the double ones and mounted to top bar in it's place.

This is the way it will display and it looks like this is the way Mr. Clark put together his ribbon bars. I have already done enough damage to the GCM ribbon in trying to place the ribbons in the correct order. crying.gif

So it stays this way. w00t.gif

Regards,

Stephan

francisbclark106thcavgrmy8.jpg

Hi Stephan,

In my opinion change the top bar and place the WW2 Victory ribbon in the first (leaf to right) ...because Mr. Francis originaly put this way. thumbsup.gif

For me ... your War Room is one the BEST!! Great items and hight organization!! Demonstrates that you have much respect for yours items.

Best regards from one friend in Brazil,

Ricardo.

You are right Ricardo,

Will do !!

Thanks for the praise of my war room.

My wife and I call it living room.Maybe some day, i will have my own history room.

Like that term better. Oh and i don't have respect for the items but who wore them.

regards,

Stephan

Kurt Barickman

Personally, I wouldn't touch it, he put it together that way, I would leave it that way.

Kurt Barickman

You are right Kurt.

I've just removed the bar with the double ribbons.

This was no problems. There were on the same bar.

The rest is now at it was.

Stephan

Would be great to see if there is other stuff of the 106th Cav Gp. in the hands of members here.

If so please show them. :)

Stephan