75mm Pack Howitzer M1A1 on Carriage M8

Photo for interest of my 75mm Pack Howitzer... with two more belonging to friends behind... all 3 have modifications added by the British Airborne during WW2... the most obvious in this photo being the towing eye which was replaced because the US originals used to break.

I need a few parts for my 75mm Pack Howitzer to finish the restoration, so if anyone here has any parts for sale, or can point me in the direction of anyone with any, would be most grateful.

Also looking for a new bore brush for my cleaning kit.

Regards

Tim

post-8801-1259956899.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tim,

Good to see you on here! If anyone is interested in seeing the guns firing - here is a video of us at Beltring (as British 1st Airlanding Light Regiment, RA). We have taken them out as American - mainly as the 456th PFAB in Normandy.

Regards,

Hi Tim,

Good to see you on here! If anyone is interested in seeing the guns firing - here is a video of us at Beltring (as British 1st Airlanding Light Regiment, RA). We have taken them out as American - mainly as the 456th PFAB in Normandy.

Regards,

Ramsey

Nice video footage... though perhaps am a bit biased.

A still shot from the display day firing with the Royal Artillery at Larkhill in August 09.

Will have to do some PFAB stuff sometime - would quite like to go to Kelmarsh one day.

Tim

post-8801-1260834706.jpg